Respected Contributor

Is the poet blouse a substantial weight? Again a question re the compression leggings

I love the look but never bought it because I'm 5'2'' and all body, short legs.

However I'll need something to wear with tights when it gets warmer.

But it has to be heavy enough.

Also, I'd get the white but their were remarks re it being off white or yellowish. I need real white. I'd get the pink instead.

Thank you for all your help. This is not a fun time for me. I might as well look good.

Honored Contributor

Yes, this blouse is weighty. Not thin and see thru like most blouses. I have the blue blouse and I am 5'2".

Super Contributor

It's like the fabric you find in men's dress shirts.

Respected Contributor

It's the same fabric as the wing collar shirt and the basic mens shirt Louis does. It's a great weight and not see through at all. It really is perfect with leggings.

Valued Contributor

As Marilyn said, same broadcloth cotton as the Kate, etc. shirts if you have any of those for comparison's sake. I have 3 of them, I like it that much.

Valued Contributor

I have the blue in this shirt and it is great for summer over leggings or crop pants.

Respected Contributor

Thank you! At appointment today doctor said to wear them asap. I haven't tried getting skirts over them but they see too thick for my WK pants, etc.

Is the white really white or off white. I'm tempted to get the PP; I could layer my PP twofer sweaters under them.

Regular Contributor

I have the poet blouse in white. Mine is pure white, not at all yellowish nor ivory. This shirt is 2 or 3 years old now and it has not changed color in the laundry.

Regular Contributor

I read several other of your posts about tops to wear over leggings. Today on eBay in size small there is a Linea tuxedo-style long white blouse and a 100% silk orange Linea tunic with a semi-opaque hem, both of which might work for you. The tunic is 32" long from the top of the shoulder seam to the hem and covers to my mid-thigh (I'm 5'9", average torso, long legs).

Valued Contributor

I, too, have the white, the aqua, & the pink, which has just a tiny tinge of lavender to it.