Esteemed Contributor

Surprised by the way jackets (A221808) were packaged

I recently ordered a lunch time special (A221808) in two colors. They arrived today, and I'm disappointed by the way they were packaged. There is a strong odor and both are very very very wrinkled. I've purchased other Linea jackets, as well as other online/catalog merchandise, but none of them arrived as wrinkled and pungent as these jackets. Other than that, the design and quality of materials are what I expected. I just hope this packaging process isn't a trend.
Honored Contributor

Re: Surprised by the way jackets (A221808) were packaged

They were probably returns and were sent to you without any effort to examine or repackage.

Valued Contributor

When QVC started one of the statements made by hosts on a regular basis was "All items are new in sealed packaging and no returns are reshipped to customers." I remember Jane Tracey said that over and over. (She doesn't say that anymore.) Returns were sent to the outlet stores and sold at a large discount. I used to shop them often in Pa. QVC got smart and closed most of the outlet stores and simply repackages returns and sends them out as new merchandise; body odor, pulls, worn, reported seconds, wrong size etc. I received the exact same sweater 3 times and noted each time it was a 3X and not a small. I put a small black dot on the underside of the launder label to see if I got the same sweater when I requested an exchange. They kept sending me the same sweater and they were paying for the S&H. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I have also noticed some repacked returns are sent out folded nicely with tissue and some are wadded up and shoved into the clear bags. Wonder where quality control is?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone remember when we got our clothing on hangers? That was really nice.

Happy, That happens often ......toooo often ! That is why if you return something and still want the item ,it is best to re-order yourself before you send it back.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a nice Dennis Basson spring rain coat recently. And after that, 3 Louis Dell'Olio short sleeved sweaters. All items arrived in wrinkled messes. I should have sent the coat back, but I really loved it, so I worked at ironing/steaming it to get the wrinkles out. Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, but if it continues, that will end my ordering of clothing from QVC.

Valued Contributor

wildcat fan: Often the lunch time specials are items that have been around for a while. this particular jacket - a lovely jacket which I own in red and in aqua - MUST have sat in the warehouse a year or two. I don't remember what year it was ""new"". One can only imagine the circumstances that could have existed in the warehouse for an item that was no longer selling swiftly. It's appalling. If you don't think that dry cleaning - or using xo spray (V28258) gently on the jackets - will remove the strong odor - I'd send them back immediately and insist QVC pay for all shipping.

And hangars???? That predates MY shopping days at the Q MalteseMomma. The only hangars I ever had the pleasure of experiencing were on Dennis Basso pieces I got about 7 years ago....a fond memory Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Just heard a new Q term (at least new to me) when they were showing the SG TSV: "packing creases"!!!!!! Pat said you'll have to steam them out, but from then on you'll be fine. No wonder my recent shipments arrived so wrinkled…..packing creases!!!! I never knew!!! (Never experienced "packing creases" before, except with a Liz Clairborne item. Never could iron them out so I returned the item.)

Honored Contributor

A lot of clothing shipped from here comes with package creases. A hand held steamer with the item hung on a hanger removes them.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I recently received a Linea jacket crowded into a plastic bag, with so many wrinkles I knew I would not be able to iron it smooth. I contacted CS, told them what it looked like, and asked for a small credit to get it pressed. They very quickly responded with an offer of $10, which I accepted, and had the jacket pressed. I was pleased.
Valued Contributor

On 3/5/2015 MalteseMomma said:

Anyone remember when we got our clothing on hangers? That was really nice.

Happy, That happens often ......toooo often ! That is why if you return something and still want the item ,it is best to re-order yourself before you send it back.

Oh, I remember hangers. Remember when Diane Von Furstenberg sold Silk Assets and she proudly proclaimed all her items would come on hangers, in clear bags with custom boxes that were long. Sometimes I would order many items; like 20 and each item came in one of those huge boxes that I couldn't discreetly hide in a guest bedroom closet if husband came home about the same time I got home. Or, they were stacked a mile high by the front door (not good)! Inside each was a small silk item weighing maybe 3 ounces. I appreciated her wanting us to feel pampered when we were received her special designer goods but that packaging did create issues on the home front. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I do, however, prefer over dirty squashed plastic bags!!