Valued Contributor
I'd like to coordinate the Milano sweaters to match with Linea tops. I can't tell obviously by the names of colors on the computer. I am interested in matching all of the sweaters. I tried finding the Aqua that Kate wore on the presentation, but I am not sure which one it was. It matched perfectly with the sweater. The sweaters I found for the tangerine were listed as nectarine and I can't tell if the shade matches. Any help would be appreciated.
Valued Contributor

Morning 1jac..... I bought tangerine. Nectarine is brighter and does is not the same "softer" undertones as tangerine. What I found in my Linea closet that I liked was:

A255179 & A255181.. These are tile print v neck 3/4 sleeve top and matching short skirt. All three color combinations look great with tangerine. The brown/orange combo looks nice with the tangerine Milano sweater, this top and walnut WK pencil skirt. I did not plan to take my sweater off so I turned the top around to have a higher neck in the front. The blue color combo in these item numbers would look great with the navy blue Milano sweater also navy WK bottoms or pale washed blue jeans.

You may been looking for solid colors and/or column of color. I only bought the tangerine and unfortunately the nectarine isn't compatible. Bummer!

Valued Contributor
HAPPY LADY- Thank you for your response. I am looking to pair the sweaters with solid color tops. I don't own the top you mentioned. I am still searching.
Valued Contributor

Hi 1jac: Sorry it took a couple of hours after I read your question to get back with a somewhat-response.

"Column-of-color" usually refers to the entire vertical column all the same color - as in head to toe - so I at first misread your question. I thought you were looking for the skirt and top-all-one-color and flew by the question. My mistake!

As to a matching color for the jackets, you MAY be out of luck. In the aqua, both the short sleeved V neck top A233944 and the sleeveless WK mock neck A233947 DID come in aqua but it sold out quite some time ago. When Louis showed the ottoman/milano cardigan jacket on Kate, she had on the matching WK aqua top now sold out. "Turquoise", which is still available is not a match.

I agree with HappyLady that "nectarine" is NOT an exact match for "tangerine" in the jacket. I know that's disappointing to hear when you are looking for tops to match all the jackets exactly. One possible ray of good news down the road is that some of the Linea ladies have been asking Louis on his blog to bring the "aqua" color back in more tops and he has indicated: "when I work on next spring I will definitely bring Aqua back." Sometimes I've waited four or five seasons - meaning years, as in Spring to Spring - to get a match to a Linea skirt or jacket I fell in love with. But a lot of the favorites do come back around.

Valued Contributor

I think matching the Milano sweater to an exact match top is going to be improbable with the exception Owl mentioned and a bottom is probably futile unless the navy Milano sweater matches a navy bottom and I don't have Milano navy to "walk through my closet" and do a comparison for you. If you like different solid color tops to compliment your sweaters there are many color combos but I get you would like to match the jacket with a sweater. Good luck!! I see your dilemma. I realized as soon as I received my Tangerine sweater, nothing matched. So I started with solid complimentary pieces; tops and bottoms and then started on prints. I love this sweater in Tangerine and have many things that look great with this color. I am very happy I ordered Tangerine. Good hunting!!

Respected Contributor

1jac, I have the Milano sweater/cardie in navy, hibiscus & aqua. I just checked the navy with the WK Linea navies (pants, tops) and they do not match. I'm in the same boat with you regarding the other two colors--no exact matches among my WKs. Louis did say he's bringing the aqua back, but for now, I'm abandoning exact matches and looking to complementary colors and neutrals.

Valued Contributor
Ladies that was not good news! LDO is usually so meticulous - why didn't he plan ahead and have matches, especially for tangerine and hibiscus? I am in no way criticizing our leader, just lamenting my fate. I think the WK pants in navy match the sweater. Do you agree? What color tops would you suggest for the aqua and tangerine, and hibiscus sweaters. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Respected Contributor

I checked my Navy Milano Knit against my Navy Whisper Knit Pants and my Navy Ponte Knit Pants, and they match. I'm not sure about the aqua. I have put my summer things away, and I don't remember if I have an aqua Whisper Knit tank or T-shirt. Otherwise, I'll probably just wear white.

Frequent Contributor
Any match between a cotton sweater and a whisper knit sweater will be a happenstance. They take dye and reflect light differently. Luckily, I have a scarf with tangerine ball fringe and it looks great with a blue or a natural top. I find the tangerine looks good with navy and with gray. I like for my column of color to be a matching neutral pant and top with a colorful jacket. This makes a slim effect top to bottom.
Esteemed Contributor

Please do try to the aqua lace top under the Milano aqua cardigan. It's perfection!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat