Honored Contributor

A Suggestion for Monday Night Programming

If LOGO can get an hour and Isaac get another one...

Why not one hour a week of Linea in that Monday night block?

It would be a good contrast with LOGO's loungewear style and Isaac's sportswear.

An hour of clothes I can wear to work - it would be a big hit, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: A Suggestion for Monday Night Programming

Linea is a great brand for QVC. Louis sells a lot to a specific clientele-their more sophisticated woman. Louis Dell'Olio is a Coty Award winner and has had a very successful career. He might not want to do a weekly show. I love his clothes. I do not think he should retire. QVC already learned that lesson - they were bombarded by customers complaining. He has been with QVC approaching 20 years.

Honored Contributor

Their clientele is more sophisticated? LOL

If he warranted a weekly show, he'd have a weekly show.

Regular Contributor

I think it would be nice if they had one additional hour that they rotate each week. Linea, Clarks, Susan Graver, whomever.

Respected Contributor

While I do like Linea I'm not sure classical dressing would fit in with LOGO and IM.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 inallsincerity said:

I think it would be nice if they had one additional hour that they rotate each week. Linea, Clarks, Susan Graver, whomever.

That's a great idea!

I think they sold 5,000 of the tank/sheer shirt yesterday...pretty good for a designer who isn't given much marketing on Q.

Trusted Contributor

I think Louis' more sophisticated, classic line appeals to a smaller slice of QVC's customer base. For whatever reason, he has always kept his quantities smaller and his appearances fewer. Maybe he's preserving the "specialness" of his designer brand; maybe he doesn't want frequent TV appearances; maybe QVC wants to preserve the airtime for their bigger volume sellers. I think the scarcity preserves the panache.

Respected Contributor

I like his "special-ness"; it's like a lovely boutique in the midst of all the other QVC offerings. I don't bother watching the other shows at all anymore. Yesterday's Linea show was terrific, well paced, easy to watch and enjoy, great clothes that are wearable at any age.

Regular Contributor

On 3/3/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/3/2015 inallsincerity said:

That's a great idea!

I think they sold 5,000 of the tank/sheer shirt yesterday...pretty good for a designer who isn't given much marketing on Q.

The crinkle georgette? I would buy it. Although, I could easily buy from Linea, or Logo, or IM. I don't have a specific style.

Honored Contributor

That would only work if Linea sold in high volumes. If you look at the number of items in inventory, its rather apparent that Linea doesn't have the inventory that Isacc and Lori have. Just 400 pieces for Linea while Isacc and Lori each have over 1200 pieces. Linea has loyal following and it's a great brand, it's just a small brand.