Respected Contributor

Questions about the denim vest, A252356

I ordered this - aqua in XXS (my usual Linea size) and yellow in XS. The XXS was uncomfortably small, esp. in the armholes, so I'm keeping the XS. Even though yellow isn't my usual color, I really like this cheerful yellow. Think it'll look especially great with jeans, which I wear a lot of.

Ok, enough rambling, here's my main question: do you think aqua looks good with jeans? I sometimes don't like various blue shades with jeans because it looks like they are trying to compete, if that makes any sense.

Also, I read in the reviews that some people had the bottom band taken in and I can see why. I don't sew so I'd have to pay to have it altered. Wondering how much that should cost and if it's worth it.

I also want the white one, if/when it becomes available, to wear over some sundresses. I'm really on the fence about the aqua for a few reasons. I'm one that buys in multiples, different colors if I really like a style, but since this vest is more distinctive, I guess you could say, I'm on the fence...but it's such a beautiful color! Anyway one want to push me in one direction or the other?

Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about the denim vest, A252356

Do you wear white jeans or navy?

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 lolakimono said:

Do you wear white jeans or navy?

Mostly navy. I have one pair of white jeans.

Honored Contributor

mjunkie, like you, I think that Louis's aqua is one of the most radiant colors ever to present itself before my eyes. I recently received the jean jacket in aqua (I also own WKs in this aqua), and the jacket is a joy to behold in that shade.

To answer your question about jeans and this aqua, I believe it can be worn with a dark wash. I would not like it with a regular jean color. Faded, pale jeans might work, too, but I don't own that color. And the aqua definitely works with white jeans, as suggested by lola.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Goldie76 said:

mjunkie, like you, I think that Louis's aqua is one of the most radiant colors ever to present itself before my eyes. I recently received the jean jacket in aqua (I also own WKs in this aqua), and the jacket is a joy to behold in that shade.

To answer your question about jeans and this aqua, I believe it can be worn with a dark wash. I would not like it with a regular jean color. Faded, pale jeans might work, too, but I don't own that color. And the aqua definitely works with white jeans, as suggested by lola.

Thanks for replying lola! I appreciate your input on how the aqua would work with jeans. I think I agree. A dark wash or a light wash would work, as well as white. I think I better snag it while I can. Such a vibrant color, I hate to miss out. I considered the jean jackets too, but being in Florida, I think I'll get more use out of the vests. Also am afraid of the length of the sleeves on the jacket. My arms are long and on several long sleeve tops/jackets I have to either roll the sleeves up to de-emphasize that they're too short or return them if I don't like the way it looks with turned up sleeves. Anyway, thank you!

Honored Contributor

I have aqua jacket. I wear it with white jeans or tan jeans. I know what you are saying about wearing it with jeans. I originally ordered the indigo but did not like the look with jeans and Linea pants are too short for me so I was unable to get the matching jeans. I did move the buttons in the back of the jacket because it stuck out. The sleeves are short on the jean jacket but I just turn them back. I have a couple of other colored jean jackets that I like much better because the sleeves are longer and they have pockets.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 DiAnne said:

I have aqua jacket. I wear it with white jeans or tan jeans. I know what you are saying about wearing it with jeans. I originally ordered the indigo but did not like the look with jeans and Linea pants are too short for me so I was unable to get the matching jeans. I did move the buttons in the back of the jacket because it stuck out. The sleeves are short on the jean jacket but I just turn them back. I have a couple of other colored jean jackets that I like much better because the sleeves are longer and they have pockets.

Ahhh yes, I bet the aqua would look good with tan jeans or maybe even khaki pants. I did like the looks of the indigo one, but ran into the same issue with how it'd look with my usual jeans.

So when you moved the buttons, does the extra material just gather then? I take it you just moved the buttons didn't do any cutting/re-sewing? I don't sew at all so am a little clueless, wish I had learned from my mother when I had the chance, but I do think I'd be capable of moving a few buttons...

Thanks for replying!! You may have helped convince me to order the aqua, but you did keep me from ordering the indigo vest and the jean jackets. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

mjunkie, here's how I took mine in. Just moved the buttons making a small tuck in the bottom band which I showed down in a vertical rectangle pattern. The tuck is only 1/2 inch deep on both sides but doubled over that's a take in of 2 full inches out of the bottom. I did NOT sew the tucks above the band down - only the folded over band. Resewed the buttons and buttoned the tab onto the button at the new location. The tab covers the sewn down parts of the band.

I kept the folded over band right next to the root of the tab on each side - so very close to the side seams of the jacket on both sides.

Valued Contributor

I did the same thing OWL did and looks great. I am slimmed hipped and there was too much space with some issue of sticking out the back. I'm a sewer, if I have to be, but there was no need to go to all that to resolve this issue. Love this vest.Smile

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 TheOwl said:

mjunkie, here's how I took mine in. Just moved the buttons making a small tuck in the bottom band which I showed down in a vertical rectangle pattern. The tuck is only 1/2 inch deep on both sides but doubled over that's a take in of 2 full inches out of the bottom. I did NOT sew the tucks above the band down - only the folded over band. Resewed the buttons and buttoned the tab onto the button at the new location. The tab covers the sewn down parts of the band.

I kept the folded over band right next to the root of the tab on each side - so very close to the side seams of the jacket on both sides.

Thank you so much for the thorough description! Will try to get a friend to do it since it's not too complicated.