Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - Perfectly Pink Safari Shirt & Tank.

Louis will be presenting this Shirt tomorrow at 4:00 pm.

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE PERFECTLY PINK SAFARI SHIRT & TANK”</h3>

Tarra14

……………………..Monday will be a day of BEST SELLERS, and the return of some of your most popular styles……..The CRINKLE GEORGETTE SAFARI SHIRT & TANK, A214117, is one of those styles. I decided since it is one of my most popular styles….I would bring it back in one of my most popular colors…..PERFECTLY PINK…..Actually, I’m surprised its’ taken this long to introduce this PP in this shirt. After a string of dark colors I have decided it’s way over due to bring this shirt to you in some pretty summery colors…..Perfectly Pink being the first. For those of you new to Linea….I designed this shirt a few years ago after the popularity of the BOHO skirt, A70208, shown above in the PP. Many of you had asked me if I could do a top in this fabric that would go with the skirt, and the Safari shirt is what I came up with. There have been other Crinkle georgette tops in between, but none have proved to be as successful as this shirt , and I believe this is the reason. Once again it is the play of a classic. A safari shirt, for that matter anything safari, is ICONIC. The fact that it is sheer, but you still feel covered and secure makes it a winning combination. The detailing and workmanship of this shirt is SUPERB. It is extremely difficult to sew these types of sheer fabrics. Anyone who has tried knows what I am saying is true. You need special needles on the machine that can handle delicate fabrics, and just sewing a straight line is a challenge….let alone double row top stitching! The placket front and shirt collar with stand are two more details of a classic shirt . The patch pockets and flap are hallmarks of a Safari shirt. The sleeves are 3/4 length, and can be worn straight down or…..there is a tab and button that can raise the sleeve to create a casual draped effect. Don’t even try to create a folded cuff…..in this fabric it’s futile! However, I have laid the shirt flat and folded the sleeve up from the hem to the button and then half again….this does control it somewhat……..THE BUTTONS…..The buttons on this shirt are REAL ABALONE SHELL……..Why do I capitalize this fact? because you never find real shell buttons on QVC garments, and rarely find them on garments in the stores….unless they are “designer” garments….and even then… sometimes not.. The buttons on this blouse cost what some other the garments do! LOL. It may not be important to some, but for me it says QUALITY, and adds to the reason why this particular Safari Shirt keeps getting reordered year after year after year…………It is not only beautiful…but it is practical. It’s wash and wear, and great for travel. It can be worn as a buttoned up shirt or worn open as a BREEZY shirt jacket. Wear it belted, tucked in, open or just loose….any way you want is the right way. Casual or dressy, night or day, work or for weekend play….you will find this SPRING/SUMMER shirt a valuable part of your wardrobe….That’s why so many of you have this shirt in EVERY color……..and on top of all of this….you get a MATCHING FAUX SILK TANK, which is perfect under this shirt, but is also a great layering piece for so many other things. Now, that every other layering piece in PERFECTLY PINK has sold out this tank will come in very handy as a separate piece on its’ own…….I realize that the PP BOHO sold out on my last show with Antonella, but I know many of you are going to ask if it matches…..YES it does!……..I don’t have to tell you what other pieces you can wear a pink top with….anything you want…Perfectly Pink is one of the most flattering accent colors you can wear. It’s an ideal summer color…………I love PINK and GOLD so I have chosen to accessorize with the GOLD PALM FROND SHORT NECKLACE, J290362, and the GOLD BOLD HOOP earring, J288005………….who’s ready for a Mojito?……………………………………………………enjoy………….much Love…………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE WHITE SAFARI SHIRT & TANK”</h3>

Tarra15

…………….This IS the PERFECT WHITE SHIRT……..Almost, above all else….you all want a WHITE SHIRT that is easy care, easy to wash and….looks PERFECT after every wash without any fuss! You have found it in this shirt……It’s so good you may want to own two!………I would……..Above, I have the shirt worn open, and I have chosen as an alternative to the matching tank, to pair the SAFARI SHIRT, A214117, with a WHITE WK TANK…..in this case the ENR, A253408….but it is almost sold out….so other alternatives in WHITE WK are, A233942 the V-neck tank or A255153. the TWOFER which consists of the WHITE TANK and the WHITE V-NECK SHORT SLEEVE “T”…. a great buy and two ESSENTIAL pieces. The white V-neck “T” is worth the price alone…………….Above,I also have the White Pebble Crepe crop pant, A255183, shown with the shirt..it’s lined…but it’s very limited…..Silver Palm Fronds….The SHORT NECKLACE, J290362, the LONG NECKLACE, J290364, and the EARRING, J290363…..make a wonderfully impressive statement……and look absolutely nothing like anything else…..now to me….that’s a STATEMENT necklace…..STATEMENT JEWELRY………………..enjoy……………….much Love……………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE NAVY SAFARI SHIRT & TANK”</h3>

Tarra16

………………………..I think one of the most important things about this shirt in dark colors is……they never fade or look washed out after several washings. They always look as new as the first time you wore them…..For me, that’s very important. I have a closet full of LACOSTE shirts, and probably a dozen in black and white…Why? because after a few washings they never look the same……The black gets that dark gray look and the white is never as crisp and gleaming as the first time you put it on…Every time we go away on vacation I always pick some new LACOSTES…..It can become quite expensive, but that’s my summer uniform…..That will never happen with this NAVY SHIRT. That in its’ self is why these shirts are worth owning. Personally I love dark shirts and white pants in the summer. Can you really beat NAVY and WHITE……OK…maybe BLACK and WHITE….but it’s a toss up. You will notice that on the navy shirt I have had the Abalone buttons dyed t o match and have the smooth side up, so there is no contrast with the button at all. Throw on the SILVER FISH NECKLACE, J288023 with the BOLD SILVER HOOP, J288055….a silver sandal and you will be ready before your husband gets his shoes laced!………………….Now, if only the snow would go away!!!!!!……………………….

………………………………………………………enjoy……………………………..much Love…………………………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLACK SAFARI SHIRT & TANK”</h3>

Tarra17

……………..For all of you BLACK LOVERS…..or BLACK & WHITE LOVERS……this SAFARI SHIRT in black is a must have………for all the same reasons I stated for the NAVY shirt. Please notice the photo at the lower left. You know the one I mean…..the overexposed picture where the BLACK shirt looks a dingy grey………That will NEVER happen to this shirt wash after wash after wash…..For my Floridians, Southern Californians, and my South Westerners…..this is a shirt you will wear year round. The Abalone buttons, sewn on the “rough shell side” up, give the black shirt a nice contrast….a casual air…..great with a pair of natural hemp linen trousers. However, you can dress it up as much as you want….here with the black BOHO skirt, A70208 and my BLACK JET JEWELRY….the CLUSTER NECKLACE, J317112, the DROP EARRING, J291538 [BTW this is getting very limited and it's the only simple jet earring left....the clear has sold out]. To add one more layer, which actually gives an airy effect, I have layered the J291535, SPACED JET BEAD necklace……Not shown is the BLACK JET, the GLASS FACETED BEAD STRETCH BRACELET, J291535…..which also comes in the CLEAR GLASS………………………..enjoy………………….much Love…………………………Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Perfectly Pink Safari Shirt & Tank.

If only it was silk.......

Frequent Contributor

I have this in the navy and love it. I may have to break down and buy that beautiful pink. I can always use a pink tank for other sheer blouses that I have. This is a winner.

Esteemed Contributor

nice! that is a great suggestion about using the pink tank under other sheer items.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a lovely sheer shirt...definitely a must have in pink and black and I love the fact that it has a stand collar for those that like to pop their collars, like me!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I have the black. Am debating about the pink. The color in the blog photos is a very pretty shade of pink. Perfectly Pink always seems more washed out in real life. But I'm sure it will fly out so I may go ahead and place my order to be safe.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Super Contributor

The pink shirt is very nice but polyester is a no go for me.

Valued Contributor

Th pockets on the chest is a no for me.
Valued Contributor

I love to wear the white shirt over my maxi dresses in the summer for weightless cover on my arms. I'm getting the pink. Can't wait to wear it with the pink boho or with white jeans and a long rose quartz necklace. This is the perfect summer layer. And I like that it's not precious and something to be babied, as it would be in silk. I wash in a lingerie bag in the washing machine, finger press, and hang to dry.

Trusted Contributor

I see the Perfectly Pink (new color) is sold out! This looks just beautiful! Enjoy your set for the spring ladies! The other colors are pretty wonderful too! If you also have the chili pepper boho, this is a must to get!

These georgette sets are a staple in my spring and summer wardrobe. I never fail to get compliments when I wear them. I have the navy, white, smoke and chili pepper. Can't have enough of a good thing, I'd say!

Have a great day everyone!