Respected Contributor

I have to buy tops to wear with my new compression leggings. Help!

I'm seventy and was NOT going to do leggings except with dresses and skirts and really cute flats.

I did them the first time around. I was a small 6 then and they still didn't work for me. We wore ankle boots and big sweaters then and I was told by more than one person I looked like an elf! I took a neighbor's child trick and treating and a few people thought I was in an elf costume.

Now I am a not so small 8. But I have to wear compression hose and decided to buy leggings. I can wear them under skirts and slacks when it is cold. But I would like to have a few tops to wear. I've only ordered Linea for years. I love the top with the wooden beading at neckline that comes in brown, black and sangria. Is it really long enough. I'm only 5'2'' but I'm all body (I could never wear petites.)

I will go over to the LOGO site. I think I watched her once but I know her stuff is long and made for leggings.

Any suggestions are welcome. I want to have the compression hose on as much as possible.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: I have to buy tops to wear with my new compression leggings. Help!

Depending on your height, I would look at shorter length tunic tops to go with your leggings. I think the 'elf' comments means that the tunics you chose are too long for your body height.

Maybe right below the hip region is where the tunic length should be instead of mid thigh? I would look at lengths of clothing you do own first in the shorter length and look at tunics here or elsewhere accordingly.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I have to go mid thigh. I wouldn't go out in public with a top any shorter.

That's a good observation on the "elf" comment. I used to wear big sweaters that probably didn't have much shape. I think they were more like hip length. Even though I was in really good shape it was not a look I felt comfortable in. I'm not in good shape now. I've seen some rather shocking looking woman who didn't even have their tushy's covered. I saw that the first time around also.

I also think the pointy ankle boots, my short haircut and my petite stature didn't help. I have the Linea hosiery leggings. I should try them on with some of my shorter dresses and measure.

This is not going to be my best look but I'd like to do it as good as possible.

Respected Contributor

I wear leggings all the time and these are some of my Linea go to tops that I wear with them. A259621, A262032, A257356, A236144, A257380, and i just thought of the medallion print tunic, and all of the colors it comes in look good with black.

Super Contributor

You may want look at Joan RIVERS boyfriend blouses....they are pricey, but very well made and in regular sizes they would cover your backside! I wear small in JR tops as they run large.
Respected Contributor

Angry Bird, thank you. I found one on sale but only in a S. I wear a S in Linea but the JR measurements are really large. Do you size down on the bf shirts?

Respected Contributor

Angry Bird: Did you size down in JR boyfriend shirts? The measurements for the S are really larger than other smalls. I wear a S in Linea tops.

Super Contributor

I wore a medium last yr. but have lost 25 lbs recently so I sized down to a small and it is roomy. I don't like tight sitting clothing though.
Respected Contributor

A233965: Feather jersey tunic hoody

Does anyone have this one? It is definitely long enough.

Respected Contributor

Angry Bird: 25 lbs. is quite an accomplishment. You must need a new wardrobe!