Valued Contributor

Review for LL Boot skirt A262069

If you were happy with A257384 WK mid calf skirt, you will LOVE this new LL skirt. I received the black and navy and they are terrific. For some reason I thought this skirt might be a little too wide at the bottom for my liking, but it has the same profile as the WK skirt. I am 5'6" and hits about 3" above my ankle. Has that wonderful wide contour waist band Louis has used for many of his pants and some skirts. Pull on with a lot of stretch. I would advise not to size up unless you are really curvy and your waist and hip measurements are really far apart. Most of you have bought Louis cotton knits and know how they fit. I also ordered the LL shell tops and really like the column of color for layering with jackets and sweater. It's really a winner. I bought two of each (black and blue) and plan to shorten one. It's an easy project. I think of this skirt as my almost maxi summer skirt in lieu of WK. The only disappointment is the LL navy skirt has more purple undertones and does not go with any previous Linea navy jackets. Really off. Terrific with the new LL navy jacket and Linea items with other colors mixed with navy but previous all navy items just don't have the same undertones. Really comfortable. Oh, I bought the tunic with wood beads in Sangria that Louis encored the other day and this black skirt looks FABULOUS with that tunic. A winner!!

Super Contributor

Re: Review for LL Boot skirt A262069

Thanks for the review, Happy Lady, this is very helpful! My black skirt is on its way. I really love the mid-calf WK skirt, and your comparison encouraged me go ahead and order this one.

Respected Contributor

Happy Lady, I thought the same thing you did, that the bottom was going to be too wide and look a little dumpy. I was all st to have it taken in, but when I received it and tried it on it was perfect, whew! I think it's the QVC photo that is deceiving. It's a great skirt and I have nothing like it in a fabric like this. I love my WK version. I'm ordering two more and having them cut to right above my knee. I know I'll wear them all summer.

Respected Contributor

Have this Skirt in both the Black and Navy - love it - it's my favourite length - and the 'shape' is amazing! Just wish it had come in White (like the LL Pants).

Am currently 'living' in my WK Long Skirts and WK Pants (own 7 Pants) - have been great to wear during this DEEP FREEZE Winter. Will likely 'live' in my Linea Leisure Items during Spring and Summer.

Valued Contributor

On 2/27/2015 MarilynM said:

Happy Lady, I thought the same thing you did, that the bottom was going to be too wide and look a little dumpy. I was all st to have it taken in, but when I received it and tried it on it was perfect, whew! I think it's the QVC photo that is deceiving. It's a great skirt and I have nothing like it in a fabric like this. I love my WK version. I'm ordering two more and having them cut to right above my knee. I know I'll wear them all summer.

Aren't those photos the worst. This skirt fits nothing like that horrible picture and the description is as bad. I love this type of skirt. I don't like my skirts to be skin tight but I do like them to fit. I was soo happy when I put this cutie on. I was also concerned this skirt would be an odd length and not be quite long enough; but it sure is a winner! Hope this line sells since it is on line only, I would love this skirt in grey and brown.

Valued Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Seka said:

Have this Skirt in both the Black and Navy - love it - it's my favourite length - and the 'shape' is amazing! Just wish it had come in White (like the LL Pants).

Am currently 'living' in my WK Long Skirts and WK Pants (own 7 Pants) - have been great to wear during this DEEP FREEZE Winter. Will likely 'live' in my Linea Leisure Items during Spring and Summer.

Morning Seka.....I asked Louis on his website if he would do this in white and he said it all depends on the success of LL since it is sold on line only. I would love a red skirt and other colors as I mentioned to Marilyn M.

My WK long skirts and pants and sweaters have been worth every penny this winter and look pristine after several launderings. Love these pants; such a shame; this is the end of the line. Glad I was a piggy and bought a lot of them. Louis warned us and Sheesh took the time to set up an exchange program to avoid returns but nothing worked so we better enjoy them while we can. Sad...{#emotions_dlg.sad}

If we want the LL to be successful, we all need to do reviews here for sizing and on the item pages. "Word of mouth" is the key for this line to succeed. Glad we are all loving it so far. If the sizing issue can be resolved we have a chance of more items.

Valued Contributor

Happy Lady: You've summed up my response and observations on this Linea Leisure skirt exactly! I too am a little disappointed it's not an exact match to my other Linea dark navy pieces. In some cases it's close enough to wear together but not in most cases. On your clear expression on what I was feeling about this skirt I ordered what I think is the last tank in the matching navy and ordered a Linea Leisure jacket in the same navy.

That said, I'm LOVING this skirt with so many of the other bright and beautiful colors in my Linea wardrobe. I love it for example with nutmeg and also with hunter green. Incredible with butter yellow and Louis' gorgeous ivory - and of course the optic white. All the reds for spring etc. I like your comparison to the mid-calf WK skirts because I too have lived in these all winter and they look like new. I'm ordering the black in this skirt as well and like yourself and others, am really relieved that I don't have to take this skirt in. I too love the silhouette - long and lean, straight but easy to walk in with no kick pleat or side or back slit - so perfect under so many of my various jackets and sweater jackets. I'm loving it too for example under my vintage long Linea ottoman sweater in "malachite" (though they called the color something else back then) with gold buttons. Basically it will take me all spring, summer and fall to BEGIN to work through all of the potential color combos with these two skirts. And yes to possible future options in red, hunter green, white, ivory, dark brown and more!

I'm also loving the pants. Got one in navy before it went to waitlist, black is on waitlist and decided I better go for 2 in the white before they are gone.

Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Seka said:

Am currently 'living' in my WK Long Skirts and WK Pants (own 7 Pants) -

Darn, I wish I was smart like you and ordered more of the WK pants---I have an original pair in Black and then got 2 Black, a Navy and a Hunter in the new version---so 5 pairs....but I should have gotten a couple more for backups...put them away for later years.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

So glad you love the new skirt Happy Lady!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I have resisted this skirt because I thought I would not want a longer skirt for summer. Now you all have me re-thinking. Enablers!