Respected Contributor

Hi Goldie,

I know you come to Linea often, so I paged you and hope you will reply.

I hope you are well my dear friend!

I posted in the Music category that we recently lost Demis Roussos on January 25th, 2015.

What a lovely man, talented, kind, and giving who had the voice of an angel. It is such a pity his medical condition worsened when he had medical issues which contributed to his sudden weight gain. No diet really helped in the long run. It was a constant issue and cross he had to bear.

Now Heaven has Demis, and another Angel in their Angelic Choir.

His mother Olga survived him and she is in her 90's. My Mom and I never got over losing my brother during the Vietnam war. (No Mother should outlive her child).

I am listening to his tapes and cd's and know I was born in an age to be blessed with talent like his and cannot help but allow the tears to fall.

Velvet mornings Triki Triki Mana Mou is my very favorite....He wrote this especially for his wonderful Mom.

Nana Mouskouri had many wonderful things to say and you tube is filled with his music...

Look at the Google search link and you can click on some of the you tube videos as they perform duets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nana+mouskouri+and+demis+roussos&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

May Demis rest in everlasting life on the 41st day his soul departs earth for Heaven, and I know his sweet gift will live on and on, as his Earthly recordings will become treasures, to be enjoyed throughout the ages of ages.

Take care dear friend, and let us hope for happier days ahead.

Honored Contributor

Dear adore, I myself was tempted to write of his passing, but I thought not many would know his name. So glad you went ahead and honored him. His delivery was almost operatic, which I loved. I think, too, I liked his style because he had the influence of his birthplace, Egypt, reflected in it. (I always liked the sounds of the East.)

Others on this board might be more familiar with Demis Roussos's band mate in Aphrodite's Child, Vangelis. Vangelis is known for writing the score of Chariots of Fire.

May the memory of Demis Roussos be eternal.

[I was fortunate to see Nana Mouskouri in concert at the Kennedy Center in the early 2000s. What a hauntingly beautiful voice.]

Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Goldie76 said:

Dear adore, I myself was tempted to write of his passing, but I thought not many would know his name. So glad you went ahead and honored him. His delivery was almost operatic, which I loved. I think, too, I liked his style because he had the influence of his birthplace, Egypt, reflected in it. (I always liked the sounds of the East.)

Others on this board might be more familiar with Demis Roussos's band mate in Aphrodite's Child, Vangelis. Vangelis is known for writing the score of Chariots of Fire.

May the memory of Demis Roussos be eternal.

[I was fortunate to see Nana Mouskouri in concert at the Kennedy Center in the early 2000s. What a hauntingly beautiful voice.]

Yes Goldie I agree and am so glad you read the post.

I loved seeing Nana and Demis perform in concert both alone and together. I also loved Nana's trademark of wearing her thick rimmed glasses, which she is so well known for, as well as her Angelic voice, and her multi talents of speaking and performing in many languages, just like Demis.

I also was fortunate to see them in concerts alone and together through the many years that passed, with my deceased husband and Mother.

I love Vangelis too and he was a great friend to Demis.

Everyone shall miss Demis, and we are all blessed to have known his special muti talents.

Happy safe weekend, and good eating too,,,,,,and I hope you are also playing their music. I have it going non stop in all the rooms on hand wired speakers. Cannot get enough of hearing them.....

Take good care dear friend, and sending you much sisterly agape (love).