Regular Contributor

Review of Milano Stitch Cardigan (A263783)

I placed my order as soon as the cardigan was available on 9 Feb and just received the three I ordered (navy, aqua, and hibiscus). Since this is a cotton/rayon blend, it is heavier than a whisper knit cardigan of the same size. The knit is truly lovely, the zipper is metal and well made (not flimsy). I DID order 1 size up because I am very busty and prefer not to wear anything tight -- I probably could have ordered my normal size but my chest would have been a little compressed when the cardigan was zipped up. IF you prefer a closer fit, then you should order your normal size.

The only surprise is that the cardigan is longer on me than I envisioned -- I am 5'7" tall and the cardigan hits the top of my thighs and for some odd reason I thought the cardigan would be shorter but I actually prefer this length. The only downside of my getting the larger size is that the sleeves are a smidgen longer than they should be -- NOT a complaint since I elected to order a larger size.

As an FYI, I did NOT upgrade the shipping ($3.00) and I am pleased that shipment times are about the same with the new shipping policy as before (about 3 - 4 days).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review of Milano Stitch Cardigan (A263783)

Thanks for your review and I should have placed my order as soon as it was available now sadly I am on waitlist for the tangerine; I am keeping my fingers crossd that my order is filled.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for this info. I had noticed that it appeared longer than I thought it would on Brenda and Angela. I figured it was just my imagination. Glad to know you don't think it is too short.

Super Contributor

Thanks for reviewing so quickly, Merrylass! Really glad to hear about the length. I'm 5'9", and had my fingers crossed that this wouldn't be too short.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Merrylass! I'm your height & busty too & also sized up. Great news about the length!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your Review Merrylass - good to hear you are happy with this Sweater/Jacket & the fit.

I ordered the larger of the two sizes I usually purchase in Linea - and although my Sweater just shipped today (ordered as soon as it was posted) - I know I will be happy with this decision!

Regular Contributor

On 2/12/2015 LuvitorLIT said:

Thanks for your review and I should have placed my order as soon as it was available now sadly I am on waitlist for the tangerine; I am keeping my fingers crossd that my order is filled.

Oh I hope you get the tangerine! I suspect that you will get the tangerine especially since new colours are expected in March (white and sunburst yellow). I really like the colour saturation on all 3 cardigans that I ordered.

Frequent Contributor

I received my Milano knit sweater today also. I ordered the navy in my usual medium size which fits well (am on the 12 side of medium). This is a beautiful garment. Very designerish, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it did come from an actual (amazing) designer. I thought the length was perfect. I am 5'7" and it hits me just below the waist. I would definitely purchase this item in other colors if it is offered, even ones I don't usually order, it is that good.

Regular Contributor

SHOPR and 2E, I think you will be pleased by the length - it provides enough coverage and skims the body nicely.

Emerald and Seka, because it is a knit, we probably could have purchased our regular size and as a cotton knit, it would have stretched to accommodate our build. I admit that I was worried about shrinkage with a cotton blend so it factored in my decision to size up.

I hope everyone receives their cardigans soon and like them as much as I like mine.

Honored Contributor

I also ordered as soon as it was available and mine is still in process. Not shipped yet.