Trusted Contributor

For anyone with the new moss crepe top in navy...

Does it coordinate with last year's lace skirt in dark blue?

I have the sleeveless top, but I HATE sleeveless and have trouble finding something to wear over the sleeveless top that matches the 'style' of the lace. If the moss crepe navy color coordinates, it might be a viable alternative.

Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: For anyone with the new moss crepe top in navy...

I don't know the answer to that but consider asking Louis on his blog. http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/.

Trusted Contributor

good idea, Name. I always hate to bother him with such things, although I know he's very accommodating.

Valued Contributor

HI Sammijo.... I have the lace skirt and top in navy and the new moss crepe top in navy. I am on my way out for the evening but will try the new top with the navy lace skirt tomorrow and review for you as a point of reference. I had not thought of trying those two pieces together; thanks for the suggestion. I'll get back to you!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, Happy, you're a gem, thanks so much!

Valued Contributor

Hi, I'm back with my take on the moss crepe navy top A262453 with the lace skirt. Looks terrific. I am 5'6" and there is plenty of lace skirt showing; balances nicely and is a nice updated look.

I have a few suggestions how I wear this lace skirt in all the colors offered. Since Louis sold with denim pieces I took his suggestion to wear this lace casual as well as dressy so I wear the lace skirt with a wk tank as a vest with a shirt under the tank and then sometimes layer a jacket on top like denim or I especially like A213613 perfectly pink piped in navy jacket with either a pp or navy wk sweater. I have worn the navy lace skirt with a light blue chambray or white shirt outside the skirt with a skinny belt as a very casual look. I'm not treating this skirt as "precious lace". Your suggestion of the moss crepe top is very feminine and looks lovely.

I think those of us who bought A262453, moss crepe top, in this wonderful new fabric will wear many different ways; year around and get our money's worth. Very flattering, another reviewer mentioned her husband commented he really liked this top on her and my husband also gave a thumbs up. Always nice...{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

Thanks sooo much Happy! I'm off to figure out my size so I don't get penalized on a return with the new shipping plan.
Valued Contributor

Now you have me thinking of wearing the moss crepe top over the sequin skirt. I will have both in black. I have the navy lace skirt. Thanks for the ideas for mixing it up. I wore it to a wedding last year with the matching lace top and one of Louis' floral 3/4 sleeve cardigans. It was perfect!
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Belle_Femme said: Now you have me thinking of wearing the moss crepe top over the sequin skirt. I will have both in black. I have the navy lace skirt. Thanks for the ideas for mixing it up. I wore it to a wedding last year with the matching lace top and one of Louis' floral 3/4 sleeve cardigans. It was perfect!

That's a great idea. I have weddings coming up and I'm always looking for new tops to wear with my sequin skirt to change it up. This will be perfect. Some jet beads and earrings and my sky high heels and I'm set. That's done!

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 MarilynM said:
On 2/2/2015 Belle_Femme said: Now you have me thinking of wearing the moss crepe top over the sequin skirt. I will have both in black. I have the navy lace skirt. Thanks for the ideas for mixing it up. I wore it to a wedding last year with the matching lace top and one of Louis' floral 3/4 sleeve cardigans. It was perfect!

That's a great idea. I have weddings coming up and I'm always looking for new tops to wear with my sequin skirt to change it up. This will be perfect. Some jet beads and earrings and my sky high heels and I'm set. That's done!

And a gorgeous black leather jacket thrown over your shoulders; you might not make it to the wedding!