Valued Contributor

Review for Moss Crepe Skirt and Top

A262453 Top..................A262454 Skirt

I ordered all three colors in skirt and top. I noticed many are trying to figure out measurement and comparing this skirt to A255181 Mosaic tile skirt.

I ordered the mosaic tile skirt in medium and it was too large, returned for small and that was a perfect fit for me in size and length. So I ordered this new moss crepe skirt in small and the moss crepe top in medium. So I'll use that skirt for comparison.

First of all, for those of us who loved Feather Jersey this is a very similar fabric, 4 seasons even in Atlanta summer. Imagine Feather Jersey being such a smidgen heavier, just a smidgen, take away the slubs and add a very, very light pebble texture, guess that's where moss comes from. Very stretchy; much more so than the fabric used for mosaic pieces; probably because it is a lighter knit.

As for sizing the small in this skirt is much more stretchy than the small in the moss crepe and hits me mid knee (5'6"). I could pull up a little or down a little if needed for length adjustment. Small is perfect once again; I would not go up a size even if the mosaic tile skirt was just a little snug, in whatever size you ordered; this is lighter weight and has more stretch.

As for the top, how gorgeous is this top in this lighter fabric; does not stick out over the hips or tummy, drapes beautifully. The ends on the sides come down almost to the ends of my fingers but lay very softly. I love the sleeves, they come almost to the elbows and are very stretchy so there is no pulling from the shoulders. The V neck has top stitching about 1'' away from the edge and lays beautifully; open enough to be comfortable and jewelry friendly (or not) but not so tight that it pulls above the breast. (Some v necks are too closed for me and tug). There is no middle front seam, rather one seam on each front side spaced far enough from center front that you don't look like Twin Peaks. The front and back length is about an inch above the end of my truck.

All the colors are fabulous but these two pieces in black will take you anywhere; they are the best. If you liked the swing sweater (A259620) and if you liked feather jersey you will be so mad at yourself if you let these pass you by, doubt there will any returns on these beauties. These are the good ones!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Would love soft, "drapy" pants to go with.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review for Moss Crepe Skirt and Top

thanks, I was looking at the click here measurements and wondering what size to order. I had bought a skirt on clearance and it was too big so I'm going to have to return it. I bought the WK skirts in a size I feared would be too small and they were fine.

Love your explanation.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Happy Lady for the great review. I ordered the Mosaic Tile Print skirt in Medium and it looks like I will order the same. I love your explanation of the fabric! I will probably love it and please note: the skirt has a lining like the Mosaic Tile Print skirt too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Thanks Happy Lady!!!! I am wondering if the black top would work with the geranium ikat placement print midi skirt. Would like to wear to a casual wedding in the early summer.

KK

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Karlakaye said:

Thanks Happy Lady!!!! I am wondering if the black top would work with the geranium ikat placement print midi skirt. Would like to wear to a casual wedding in the early summer.

KK

HI Karlakaye...I have that skirt and love. I think it would look fabulous. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going upstairs and try on before I take this top off (with the new "grape cluster" necklace in black). You are going to love this top. I just went back and ordered two more of the black tops in medium and two more small skirts in navy and black. Wait 'til you see this on Jac in black? !!

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much Happy Lady!! Can't wait to get the top!!! WOW-- buying multiples really shows how much you like these new pieces. KK
Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Karlakaye said: Thanks so much Happy Lady!! Can't wait to get the top!!! WOW-- buying multiples really shows how much you like these new pieces. KK

When reading Jac's Facebook information she says this is a skirt she could live in... It is basic, beautifully cut and nice stretchy contour waistband; not a narrow band. I see this with the gorgeous tops that match or t shirts and sandals in the summer or turtlenecks in the winter if one doesn't like wk pencil skirts for some reason. Packs like it's nothing. I travel with my job and like many travelers I'm trying to pare down to carry on's and still look nice. I know these will sell out and then wait forever to return, if at all. Every man for himself (or lady).

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 HAPPY LADY said:
On 1/27/2015 Karlakaye said: Thanks so much Happy Lady!! Can't wait to get the top!!! WOW-- buying multiples really shows how much you like these new pieces. KK

When reading Jac's Facebook information she says this is a skirt she could live in... It is basic, beautifully cut and nice stretchy contour waistband; not a narrow band. I see this with the gorgeous tops that match or t shirts and sandals in the summer or turtlenecks in the winter if one doesn't like wk pencil skirts for some reason. Packs like it's nothing. I travel with my job and like many travelers I'm trying to pare down to carry on's and still look nice. I know these will sell out and then wait forever to return, if at all. Every man for himself (or lady).

HAPPY LADY would the black top work with the gorgeous black WK pants? Thanks for your detailed reviews,they are so helpful.
Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 1jac said:
On 1/27/2015 HAPPY LADY said:

HAPPY LADY would the black top work with the gorgeous black WK pants? Thanks for your detailed reviews,they are so helpful.

Oh, yes it would! Don't you love the wk black pants. I absolutely love the wk swing sweater A259620 but the one thing I am not thrilled about is the area where the top starts to move away from the body; it seems a little to high on me and I am a little short waisted to boot. I thought because I am busty maybe that was raising the waist area on me but I always wear a medium and bought the swing sweater in a medium. This top has a nicer shape in my opinion and has a seam that starts on the side seams in the front and goes around the waist area across the back making for a nicer shape. Not tight but a prettier shape. Very pretty and comfortable top.

I will be surprised if this isn't one of Louis's best sellers.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Happy Lady for the detailed review. I ordered the magenta top. I missed out on the swing sweater, and your review got me moving on this one. You Linea ladies are the best!
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.