Valued Contributor

A72448 WK Turtleneck waitlisted in Pale Blue and Pale Lilac. Might be one of those waitlist and then cancelled; but we never know..

Trusted Contributor

Re: Turtleneck in New Colors

I just yesterday asked Louis on his blog for a pale blue wk t-neck! I'm on both of those colors thanks, Happy.
Respected Contributor

I think it means they are not in stock yet, but just the colors loaded into system--the typical weird way the Q does things. I'm going to have to order both as those colors sound fabulous, although I wasn't planning on buying T-Necks right now, but I don't want to miss out when they start filling the orders, as these are sure to be a sell out. I think there is a pent up interest in these paler colors, in both T-Necks and V-Necks, as we've had both deep and bright colors, but no real pales.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

I put both colors on my wish list so I can order them when they become available. That's another option. I sure don't want to miss out when they show up next summer/early fall. I'm thrilled with the new paler shades in WK. My closet runneth over!

Honored Contributor

Would love these pale colors in mock necks and scoop necks too.

Respected Contributor

I've been considering this turtleneck in black (and now pale blue sounds nice), but I find I wear turtlenecks infrequently, which is why I've hesitated. Basic black I figure can always be used. Can anyone not in a cold climate comment on this piece?

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 sueinsf said:

I've been considering this turtleneck in black (and now pale blue sounds nice), but I find I wear turtlenecks infrequently, which is why I've hesitated. Basic black I figure can always be used. Can anyone not in a cold climate comment on this piece?

Hi Sue! I'm in New Orleans, definitely not a cold climate. One of the things I love about whisper knits in general is that they seem to "breathe" and I'm never too hot when wearing a WK. I'm wearing the off white t-neck today - our high temp. was in the mid 60s today and I've been very comfortable. (Not to mention my house, which Mr. Shoes keeps entirely too warm for my taste!) So you can rest assured that you will be happy wearing your black WK t-neck!

ETA I probably have about 6 Linea t-necks. We won't discuss how many I have in other styles.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Thanks so much shoesnbags!!! I do have other whisper knits, but tend to reach for a tank or one that is short sleeved under a light jacket, but if you're wearing your T-necks in 60's weather, that is certainly comparable to here.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 sueinsf said:

Thanks so much shoesnbags!!! I do have other whisper knits, but tend to reach for a tank or one that is short sleeved under a light jacket, but if you're wearing your T-necks in 60's weather, that is certainly comparable to here.

Sue, I should also mention that I don't wear my t-necks tight against my neck. I give most of my clothing, including whisperknits, a quick once over with the steamer before wearing. With the turtlenecks I steam the folded over turtleneck and stretch just a bit. That makes it just a little larger so I don't get that too close around the neck feeling. It stays that way all day and doesn't spring back until it's washed. I think the looser neckline is another thing that keeps it from being too hot.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Not a fan of turtlenecks. They are not flattering on most women unless they are tall and thin in my opinion.