Honored Contributor

Review of Overlap L/S Knit Top A257313

Purchased the black combination and I love it!! Stay with your regular Linea top size (in my case a Small). I wear a 36C bra and have a 32" waist. The overlap is close enough so that when you bend over, there is no 'wardrobe malfunction' seen. Wink I am not big busted so those who are, may want a tank below this top.

The fabric is lightweight and looks very nice.

Any questions?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of Overlap L/S Knit Top A257313

How long does this top come below your waist? Is it long waisted or short waisted? I am afraid it would ride up as I am 1.5 inch long waisted. Tia.
Honored Contributor

It has a panel in the front and my arms at my sides, it ends right where my wrists (above my hands) are. If this helps.

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:The fabric is lightweight and looks very nice.

Can you compare this skirt with any previous skirts as far as the fabric being lightweight?

Esteemed Contributor

I am a busty plus size woman. This top can be made to show as much or as little as I want. I have no need to layer something under this top. I concur with JJM's review. Stretchy knit. sleeves are full length and are easily pushed up. Great layering piece. Not as short as I feared. Hits me below my waist. I did not purchase the skirt, but I'll bet the fabric is really nice for it.

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 vickybliss said:
On 1/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:The fabric is lightweight and looks very nice.

Can you compare this skirt with any previous skirts as far as the fabric being lightweight?

I thought you meant to write shirt instead of skirt. I didn't purchase the skirt, I just purchased the top only (also ordered once I received the black version, the stone version).

This top is not as heavy as an ENR fabric or even a WK fabric. I would say its as light as a georgette tank (or that roll tab blouse) or as lightweight as the print tops LDO designs.

Honored Contributor

When looking at LDO website, I thought the top was a bit longer. I am long-waisted and then I read the length. It seems as though Louis is making more and more tops and dresses for short-waisted ladies. I am happy for you who are. Some dresses had waists right under my bust, 5 or more inches from my waist. Those were not intended to be empire style. This garment is 22 inches and for those of us big busted ladies, it's a no-go. It is so pretty. I had such high hopes for it just like I did the WK WW dress and some of the other dresses from a couple seasons ago. Nope. Too short. I am so disappointed. It is good that I have a Dillard's and Chico's nearby.

Contributor

On 1/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Purchased the black combination and I love it!! Stay with your regular Linea top size (in my case a Small). I wear a 36C bra and have a 32" waist. The overlap is close enough so that when you bend over, there is no 'wardrobe malfunction' seen. Wink I am not big busted so those who are, may want a tank below this top.

The fabric is lightweight and looks very nice.

Any questions?

Thanks JJM - it confirmed the size for me to order - oh sister of mine.

Laura

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of ""give"" in this top. Agreed to order your usual Linea size.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 namealreadytaken said:

When looking at LDO website, I thought the top was a bit longer. I am long-waisted and then I read the length. It seems as though Louis is making more and more tops and dresses for short-waisted ladies. I am happy for you who are. Some dresses had waists right under my bust, 5 or more inches from my waist. Those were not intended to be empire style. This garment is 22 inches and for those of us big busted ladies, it's a no-go. It is so pretty. I had such high hopes for it just like I did the WK WW dress and some of the other dresses from a couple seasons ago. Nope. Too short. I am so disappointed. It is good that I have a Dillard's and Chico's nearby.

If you look at the 'click here' measurements, the garment gradually lengthens over the sizes offered. The 1X is not 22" but 25" and on looking at all the lengths-- the smallest length is 22.5" which is on the XXS garment.

His blog lists the sample garment measurement length.