Valued Contributor

I thought the launder instructions on another vendor's item was a technical glitch but I am seeing the same laundering instructions lettering on many items for all vendors and now for Linea items. Here goes:

HWCSGCONCBWNHDWIIN translation:

hand wash cold setting /gentle care /only non chlorine bleach when needed/ hang dry/ warm iron if needed

Valued Contributor

Wow! I never would have figured that one out! Thanks for the interpretation Happy Lady!

Respected Contributor

Wow, how the heck did you figure that out. That would look like greek to me. I can pretty much tell which garments need to go on a gentle cycle and hang to dry. I don't own to many though. Washer and dryer is my preference.

Valued Contributor

I called C/S, they have a chart (which they didn't know that they had, took awhile). But I did work on it for a few minutes; how ridiculous is this!

Regular Contributor

I did not know that.

I am washing more and more stuff on gentle with cold water and then hang drying it. This is not what the instructions say, but I have had too many things shrink.

Valued Contributor

Thank GOODNESS for your interpreter skills Happy Lady - as well as the resourcefulness to check with customer service! Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

For some reason, when they post early, this happens, but once it airs, it goes back to "English." That's the Q for ya.

Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2015 crdlb said:

For some reason, when they post early, this happens, but once it airs, it goes back to "English." That's the Q for ya.

Thanks, that's good to know; because I would hate to stand at the washing machine and try to "figure" this out. Some of the Hushpuppie shoes have a weird description for the materials on the soles and my granddaughter asked me to translate. I couldn't. They haven't changed that description so far so I'm hoping they'll update our Linea items.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen this on any garments I've bought, and I hope it's not a new trend. I want clear care instructions, not gibberish.