Valued Contributor
I caught a glimpse of the iPad mini presentation this morning. I'm afraid to say it, but I think Alberti's been Stepfordized. That has to be the explanation for why he was talking so fast I couldn't process what he was saying and apparently he couldn't either because he referred to it as a phone. Please don't make the hosts act like carnival barkers. Alberti was so pleasant to listen to and so natural. He was acting anything but that on air this morning. I apologize for going off topic but I needed to vent. I really like Alberti and don't want his presentation style to change. It seems like TPTB want all the hosts to talk very fast. Does that really make people buy more? It makes me turn the channel, which I did.
Respected Contributor

I caught him hosting the Or Paz show with Danny. Danny is a great speaker and explains each piece in detail giving character to the item. However, this particular show was a bomb because Alberti kept interrupting him mid-sentence. I realize the hosts may be put in a particular position where they have to do what's expected of them, so I really blame QVC if that's how they expect their hosts to perform.

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. I've never had high blood pressure; however, I feel like I am about to experience it if I watch some of the Q's hosts. I prefer my shopping experience to be pleasant.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Belle_Femme said: I'm afraid to say it, but I think Alberti's been Stepfordized.

LOL, so they finally got to him. The hard sell seems to be Q's preferred approach lately.

Respected Contributor

Oh no, don't tell me he is now acting like David Venable! David drives me nuts with his rapid fire speech and no stopping for air---don't know how he does it--he must do deep breathing exercises like an Opera singer---but I just have to turn him off---in fact I turn almost all the men off, except for Rick (who I watch sometimes, like when he is on with Judith Ripka, as he reminds me of one of my sons and he makes me laugh).

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Why is this on the Linea forum? Would get more notice and higher response if on the fashion talk forum.

Respected Contributor

I think there may be a lot of "performance" pressure on the hosts, with Lisa's departure.

Trusted Contributor

Alberti may be a very nice person, but I do not enjoy him as a host.

Honored Contributor
They seem to think talking fast creates excitement. All the while people have been talking about how calm and collected Alberti is, I said to just wait and he'd soon be like all the rest. I remember how Jacque, then Antonella were breaths of fresh air when new, now they're the worst motormouths.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Kachina624 said: They seem to think talking fast creates excitement. All the while people have been talking about how calm and collected Alberti is, I said to just wait and he'd soon be like all the rest. I remember how Jacque, then Antonella were breaths of fresh air when new, now they're the worst motormouths.

I totally agree. I was a big fan of Jacque, Sharon and Antonella and wished they would have been doing more cosmetic and clothing shows. After they were on a while, they started the fast talk and are uncomfortable to watch. I do believe it is at QVC's direction. Yes, Alberti is getting that way too.