Valued Contributor

Can anyone describe the Cassis shade of Linea knit skirt A09484?

I have several of these skirts and love all the colors. I find mallard a bit more challenging to coordinate colors. Could someone describe what cassis looks like? Computer images are not always accurate. Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone describe the Cassis shade of Linea knit skirt A09484?

Cassis is similar to the fuchsia marled knit cowl neck top. (A236139) These do coordinate together.

I usually wear the mallard blue with walnut shades of brown. I do not own the skirt in that color but a WK V neck sweater. I wear London Blue topaz earrings and pendant and ring when I wear the mallard blue.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Go to video A217983 to see sweater in Cassis. Cassis has less brown than Aubergine. I have Aubergine and Cassis hanging next to each other and Cassis is a ""wineier"" color. I know this is not real word but perhaps helps.

Valued Contributor

rac71 - for another image of ""cassis"" - search for ""cassis"" at Louis' blog and it will pull up one photo which includes a ""Cassis riding skirt"" Louis did a few years back worn with a raspberry python knit surplice top. I agree with Happy Lady that the color has a strong ""wine"" feel to it. I only got one item in cassis (the cardi in the video for A217983) and have kicked myself many a time that I did not get more in this gorgeous color but of course I didn't jump on the bandwagon until all were almost sold out.

Respected Contributor

Also, you can click directly on the pictures in Louis' blog and get close ups--click twice or three times and get even closer views.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Also, the Cassis pencil skirt goes with the A255179 Tile Print Top in the Magenta, and the Cassis Cardigan goes with the Tile Print Skirt A255181 in Magenta. I wore that magenta tile print skirt all lat summer with a Black V-Neck SS Linea Top or a Black WK Tank and tied the Cassis Cardigan over my shoulders. I love it when different collections from different years go together.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Thank you all. The price finally dropped below $15 so I snatched up a cassis skirt. I can wear both the L and XL in this knit, so I went with the larger size, figuring I can replace or shorten the elastic as needed. Love the drape. I think I have enough versatility within my existing closet to make this skirt work. Meets my "classics with color" style preferences.