Honored Contributor

Can you wash WK on delicate cycle?

In a lingerie bag?

I sure hope so...I have a navy turtleneck in the washing machine right now...

Lay flat to dry???

TIA.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can you wash WK on delicate cycle?

Yes, that's the way a few of us do it. You can either lay it flat to dry or throw it in the dryer on low heat/delicates with a fabric softener sheet. Fewer wrinkles that way.

Honored Contributor

OK - I wasn't brave enough to try the dryer but you have convinced me!

Thanks for the help...I just recently bought a lot of WK and it's time to get them clean.

Super Contributor

I'm doing a load of WK right now, too, terrier3! Cold water, delicate cycle, and they come out just fine. Many Linea Ladies have different thought on how best to dry WK. Some lay them flat to dry, others hang to dry on a Huggable Hanger. I have good success drying WK in dryer on very low heat. My experience has been that the yarn "tightens up" a tiny bit, which I actually prefer, but not enough to change size.

Respected Contributor

It's true--no shrinkage. I tried to shrink a too big WK and threw it in the dryer on high heat. No change in the size! But, as 2E said--the yarn tightens up a bit.

Honored Contributor

My turtleneck just came out - PERFECT!

Thanks again for the advice...I love my WK!!!

Respected Contributor

Great, terrier3Smile I washed a few WK pieces yesterday--it's the best fabric.

Trusted Contributor

If you lay it flat to dry, do you have to shape it or does it stay in its original shape? I haven't had good luck in the past when I actually had to manipulate a garment. Hope this makes sense.

Super Contributor

I just about live in WK turtlenecks and v-necks in the colder months. Every week I have at least two in the laundry. I stick them in a lingerie bag and throw them into the washer with items of like color. Then they go into the dryer until partially dry. Then I drape them over a drying rack to finish drying. These knits are practically indestructible.

Valued Contributor

I wash them in machine on delicate and dry on delicate. Never any problems and I have a lot of them.