Respected Contributor

A New Year - A New Sneak Peek - The Quilted Jacket!

Page 1 of 125
« Older
<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “IT’S 2015…LET THE SNEAK PEEKS BEGIN”</h3>

WK cardigan5

…………It’s a NEW YEAR….2015…….Happy New Year everyone! I pray this year is going to bring you lots and lots of good things……GOOD HEALTH to you and your family….GOOD FRIENDS to help you enjoy the good times, and to support you through the not so good times……..and hopefully a few Linea items that bring a smile to your face and help you to feel good about yourselves during the year ahead!…………………………………..

My first SNEAK PEEK for 2015 is …..THE QUILTED JACKET……A259102…….The color above is…..NAVY……This a KNIT fabric, and the quilting is knitted INTO the fabric. It is not an embroidered quilted pattern. Quilting, in all manners, will be even more popular this year than last…..and the years before….remember my QUILTED VEST from two or three years ago?….What separates this quilted fabric from many of the others is the addition of the TINY CONTRAST DIAMONDS that are knitted into the pattern, as you can see above. I love it because it gives the look of a mens’ FOULARD ….a very “Haberdasher Look”……again, mixing the masculine with the feminine……What I also love about this jacket in this particular knit fabric is…..it can go very dressy or very CASUAL, so it should easily fit into anyone’s lifestyle. I would consider the jacket shaped or semi- fitted, and because it is a knit fabric I made it UNLINED to provide maximum comfort, stretch, and to extend it’s wearing life into late spring early summer [depending where you live]. Therefore, I would recommend buying your normal Linea size, but always look at the “CLICK HERE MEASUREMENTS ” provided to you by QVC…..The jacket is approx 25 1/2 inches long for the XS…..It has snap out SHOULDER PADS. The front is closed with SIX GUNMETAL SNAPS. I prefer the jacket closed with just one or two near the waist or one near the neck and the others open….This is something you can play with to create different looks. There are real pockets under the flaps which also close with the snaps. The jacket has front and back body seams….starting at the shoulder and ending at the hem. Top Stitching is used to define the shirt collar, the body seams, and to accentuate the shape of the jacket. The sleeve is long but has a CURVED SLIT that can be turned back to create a cuff….so for those with shorter arms this is ideal……It also gives you the opportunity to show the sleeve of the shirt or the sweater you are wearing. Above, I have it worn with the WHITE WING COLLAR SHIRT, A259103, which has been reordered just in case you missed it the first go around…or if you want to pick up a second or third….just to have…….Paired with jeans and the shirt or any T-shirt or sweater you may already own is decidedly casual……………Paired with the…….NAVY/IVORY PINSTRIPE PANT…..A259099 reg., or A259098 for petite…..shown above, and you are ready to go to the office, lunch, dinner etc etc……The MIX OF PATTERNS is a very DESIGNER, POLISHED and yes….”handsome” way to look. Handsome….describing a woman….. can be a good thing……Switch the pant out with the WK NAVY SKIRT, A253411, and the NAVY LACE BACK TIGHTS, A260032, [mixing the masculine and feminine again]…..and you have one fabulous pulled together look….Come spring….an ivory ponte skirt or pant, and maybe some red pumps or spectator navy and ivory heels and again, you are ready for anything. Knowing my wife she will wear it with an IVORY WK , her jeans [in the pictures] and her 6 HOLE LACE UP CONVERSE SNEAKERS…in NAVY, RED, YELLOW, GREEN……you name the color…she has them….LOL………………….As with anything I offer you…you must make it your own and wear it and style it the way it pleases you….I’m only here to suggest…………………………………………………………enjoy…………………….much Love…………………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE AUBERGINE QUILTED JACKET”</h3>

foulard

As with the NAVY version….the AUBERGINE QUILTED JACKET, A259102, can be worn many ways……..Pairing it with many options can create dressy or casual outfits The fabric of the jacket is…..87% Polyester and 13% Cotton………..Above, I have the Aubergine jacket with the PINK WING COLLAR SHIRT, A259103, [the pale blue or white would work just as well], and for the bottoms…..jeans, the NAVY PINSTRIPE PANT, and the NAVY WK PENCIL SKIRT, A253411. The PINSTRIPE TIGHTS in NAVY would be perfection. You should never neglect what you will wear on the leg…..it can sometimes make a good outfit….a GREAT one! I love the Aubergine with Navy…..a little preppy maybe, but definitely timeless, sophisticated and chic…..Please notice the sleeve pictures at the left. One has the sleeve down, the other turned back. Again, the Aubergine jacket has the GUNMETAL SNAPS……The DEMI HOOPS in GUNMETAL, both pierced or clip, will be back this January…..they are just enough with this outfit. If you want something bolder….the BOLD HOOP or the SWIRL BUTTON in Gunmetal will be back in FEB and MARCH…….scroll down for more……AUBERGINE……………………..enjoy………………………

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE AUBERGINE QUILTED JACKET CON’T”</h3>

WK cardigan3

…………Two existing Linea colors that work well with the Aubergine jacket are AUBERGINE itself and the STONE……and there are more like Perfectly Pink, Butter Yellow, Ivory, Pale Blue, and the Wing Collar shirt coming in the light tan………….Please notice in the photos above how nicely the jacket hangs worn open….. Above, I have the Aubergine WK PENCIL SKIRT, A237412, and the STONE WK SKIRT, A237412, with the NEW STONE SHORT SLEEVE, JEWEL NECK, WK SWEATER, A257382, coming this Jan. too. If you own the Aubergine tights [SOLD OUT], or the STONE ANIMAL INSTINCT tights, A260020, you are ahead of the game……Speaking about the ANIMAL INSTINCTS tights…IMHO they are SPECTACULAR, and the most FASHION FORWARD and UNIQUE of all the “Linea Body” tights. The STONE, BLACK and the CHARCOAL are not to be missed!!! They go with everything and elevate the look of a solid opaque tight. Since they will probably not be reordered…I really think you should consider these if you haven’t gotten them already, and if you do own them I would suggest getting back ups….that’s how good I think they are. The black are Jac’s go to black opaque tights….she wears them with everything!………….The STONE PANT, A259702 for the reg. length, and A259705 for petite, work beautifully with the Stone WK sweater and the Aubergine jacket. The diamonds in the jacket seem to pick up the stone color and they blend beautifully. These combinations, with the Aubergine, are a nice alternative to the navy pant, skirt and jeans. It’s definitely a more dressed up look, but isn’t it a good thing for one jacket to work in so many different ways and for all occasions!…………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………….enjoy…………….much Love……………………….Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: A New Year - A New Sneak Peek - The Quilted Jacket!

price???

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Oh my, I am probably a goner on this one. Love Louis's jackets and this one is no exception. A real beauty. I will wear it with jeans, the white shirt as pictured. Either the navy or aubergine will work for me, although I already have a lot in navy, so may go for the aubergine.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

My question because I miss all the shows. How do the ladies find out about Linea , the price, item number, when will it be on.......................? This jacket looks fabulous.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Miranda1550 said:

My question because I miss all the shows. How do the ladies find out about Linea , the price, item number, when will it be on.......................? This jacket looks fabulous.

Louis Dell'Olio has a blog where he photographs the clothing onto manikins and he blogs about the item(s). He also has an 'Ask Louis' section for questions and an important dates tab of when his shows will be on QVC or his appearances on other programs at the Q. Price is not visible until its available online for ordering.

Here is his blog address:http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Cute, cute, CUTE!!!
Valued Contributor

I picked these jackets up last week on ebay. They are samples and the little quilted diamonds are a non metallic gold. I mentioned on Louis's website and he said samples are tests products and sometimes are not the finished and approved product. ( I also think to release samples before products have been offered for sale is in some way unfair to Louis.) Looks like the final approval jackets have different colored quilted diamond shapes. The color on the navy looks ivory or off white and the aubergine has pale pink or off white diamonds? This is a wonderful jacket and ties in many of our previous purchases. He suggested the pinstripe pants with the navy and that looks so designer. The aubergine jacket looks terrific with the ponte knit maxi and the WK pencil skirt. Oh, the navy jacket looks terrific with A231138 navy ponte knit pencil skirt if you prefer ponte knit skirts over WK skirts. Also all the ponte knit navy pants offered look great. He matches all his colors. Fit is spot on and gives a wonderful shape to the body. This is not a boxy jacket. Personally, I like the snaps; I think snaps keeps the look from being too dressy and gives an edginess to the look. This is a winner.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I really like the look of this jacket.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} When I heard a "quilted jacket" was coming, I immediately imagined a quilted barn jacket, like the very popular one made by Burberry. I own several versions, so I thought I might pass, but this is something very different. I LOVE Louis' jackets--have a closet full of them--and this one will be perfect as a casual, transitional piece to go with both pants and skirts. Both colors are terrific, too.

Honored Contributor

The aubergine is on my list. I have the t-neck, V-neck, skirt and tights in aubergine already. Also have the pink shirt. Quilted knit jackets are so comfortable. I have a couple by other designers and they are like putting on a sweat shirt or fleece jacket but look so much better.

Super Contributor

Whoa -- must have! Will this be available here, or should I pursue some of the other resources listed in this thread?

Thanks!