Valued Contributor

Forget about Jewelry in time for Xmas

I just had one of the most disappointing conversations with a C/S supervisor that revealed the indifference QVC has for customers long standing or new. As many of us did, I ordered J317112 Necklaces J317113 Bracelet and J313115 earrings on 12/18. At noon, today, I went to my Order Status and went into order information on these items. My delivery had changed to best delivery which is UPS transfers to my PO and adds an additional 3 days. My original date on my Order Status and my email confirmation states 12/24. So my guaranteed by XMAS delivery date is now around the first of the year. When I called C/S and asked for a supervisor, the supervisor told me QVC does not have to honor any guaranteed delivery dates and it is not their responsibility. So much for given written confirmation that guarantees delivery by a certain date. What are we paying for??

I ordered shoes from DJ Pliner's website on Saturday (free S&H and no tax) and they were delivered today. I also ordered items from Nordstrom on Saturday and they are scheduled for delivery today (free S&H). I lucked out and found a Linea swing sweater A259620 on EBay in WALNUT BROWN YEA!! (QVC didn't even offer this color) ordered on Saturday and scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Free shipping and no tax) $39 instead of $50 +- at the Q.

I have come to the conclusion QVC has gotten so big they don't care or need to retain customer loyalty. Wish Louis could offer his line somewhere else. With the price of gasoline falling, I'm sure QVC will lower their shipping charges (they have discounted contracts with shipping companies) and give us all a break on their outlandish out of line shipping charges. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Since our jewelry is guaranteed not to arrive before Christmas I asked for credits and was told to call after 2/26 when the chart will be available that will state what credits will be refunded according to the price of the item. That's the best she could offer. WHAT??{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Merry Christmas to all the loyal QVC Customers, from QVC...REALLY?

PS: I was at my local PO yesterday and there is a notice on the door they will be closed Thursday and Friday for XMAS and since we don't have US mail delivery on Saturday and with all the large HUBS closed Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday, guess that's why the first of the year is the new target delivery date.

Honored Contributor

Re: Forget about Jewelry in time for Xmas

I just placed an order with Nordstrom (they are not gifts) but it will be interesting to see if they arrive before Christmas.

PS: I have Saturday mail delivery where I live.

Honored Contributor

I hope things will change in the new year with the new CEO but IMO I DOUBT IT!! It will be business as usual-- we really don't care about the customer-- we just want to make our $$ off off the exorbitant fees we charge for shipping.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

This has been an issue year after year here on the Q..I don't understand why anybody would expect anything different.

I ordered from Amazon on Saturday late afternoon for a late gift..no biggie if it didn't arrive. It was delivered this morning..via text confirmation.

That is the way to shop.

Honored Contributor

Amazon is amazing. I ordered a tortilla press on Wednesday and it was delivered on Saturday.

I also ordered metal shelves from Costco.com and they were delivered the next day.

Honored Contributor

Happy Lady - I think it stinks that you won't receive your new pretties in time to wear them for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

HSN has also been exceptional in getting out the packages. For what I believe was an extra $3, the orders were upgraded to UPS 2nd Day Air. I ordered on 12/17 and it was delivered on 12/20 (Saturday!). I ordered another on Saturday 12/20 and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Tues.). This is great service and a "Delivery by Christmas" guarantee you can believe in.

Esteemed Contributor

When my items are transferred to the USPS they usually take only one more day. The post office does their best to get everything out as fast as they can this time of year, hang on, it may make it!! The US post office is open on Friday Dec 26 and Dec 27 as usual. Where do you live??????

Honored Contributor

OP, you made a great point about the cost of gas. It is dropping through the floor, and that makes the whole, "shipped to your door for less than you can travel to the store and buy it" kind of mentality loose some of it's luster. So many people have said it so many times, but I'll reiterate that Q's shipping is way out of line, especially this time of year, with so much free shipping and companies getting things here in a day or two for free. Q needs to step up their game.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a gold bangle last Wed. got today . 2 day usps air. threw under the tree unopened.

'Oh, look, a surprise' ! LOL

DANCER7E13.gif