Valued Contributor

Yet again my computer screens lead me astray on the color "clay"

I hesitated a long time purchasing this Linea "clay" turtleneck. It arrived today and it is much more chocolate than the clay pictured on my laptop and my main computer. On both of those screens it showed up as more "orangey" and this clay turtleneck is definitely NOT orangey. It's a wonderful chocolate color and no wonder Louis paired it up with the chocolate 2 strand necklace. Just a heads up to anyone hesitating because of the shade their computer is showing of the "clay" color. It's beautiful and I love it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yet again my computer screens lead me astray on the color ""clay""

I think the color on his web site is more accurate, and there's a good close up of the TN with the necklace, it's beautiful.

Valued Contributor

Yup. The last time this happened to me was with the "nutmeg" color. Then when I finally broke down and gave it a try, I'm crazy about it. A fabulous neutral which I'm wearing all the time between the scarf, sweater and long pencil skirt Smiley Happy

Just checked out the photos on the blog and even they are not quite - again it's how my computer screen must be reading it - what my new sweater looks like in person. Even the blog, for me, reads not as dark a brown as the real sweater is. Not saying this is "dark chocolate" Smiley Happy - yum that sounds good - "but it's also not exactly light chocolate". Smiley Happy I find this color hard to pin down in words. Guess either your computer has to read this better than mine is doing ... OR .... just try it yourself.

Valued Contributor

If you go to A259619, Shetland vneck boyfriend cardigan, Kate models this sweater in Clay with the Clay turtleneck. Check how Clay turtleneck color in this video compares with the Clay sweater you received. By the way Owl, while you were away, new color in this cardigan was introduced on waitlist called Antique Rose. Louis commented it is going to be shipped in September. Now it has disappeared from waitlist so I guess that was once again that item number being reserved for an up and coming item. I love this new color Clay with turquoise. So southwest. Enjoy!!

Valued Contributor

I bought the heathered "grandpa" cardigan in grey and LOVE it. So I was trying to decide on a second. I was afraid the clay was too rust colored, so I passed on it. Going to loop back reconsider.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for posting the difference in color. Early Saturday afternoon, I ordered my first whisper knit in the clay and surprisingly enough; it showed up at my door 1/2 hour ago. I'm wearing it now and will stalk inventory because I'd love to have more in other colors!
Valued Contributor

LindaMJ - Welcome to a new love in your life Smiley Happy I'm wearing my hunter green turtleneck today and I have enjoyed so much comfort and stylish good looks from these whisper knit turtlenecks over the years. I could not be happier with them. SO glad you tried and really like the clay! I ordered the chocolate 2-strand necklace to go with it and it should get here sometime this holiday and I'm looking forward to playing with that combo Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you had grown up in the South, especially GA and/or AL, we have red clay mud/dirt and you'd know what the color clay means, LOL!

Valued Contributor

Maybe so Hooty - and I DO love the south! But my WK clay turtleneck is a beautiful chocolate brown - and the chocolate 2 strand bead set which came yesterday is perfect with them Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Owl! I am wearing mine today and absolutely love it. So comfy, perfect weight and the neckline doesn't choke me! Have decided I need the matching necklace, also. But not seeing it, am thinking it sold out. So hope the whisper knits in other colors are restocked soon.