Trusted Contributor

Calling on So Cal Linea Ladies!

I'll be travelling to the LA area in January and was wondering if my Linea WK T-necks are appropriate? I'm bring some cardis for sure, but I so love my t-necks! Jeans, t-neck, scarf, done!

I was there in mid December last year and nearly froze as I wasn't prepared for the 55 degree weather. Granted, much warmer than home and I'll certainly take it, but I didn't pack enough layers.

I've searched on the weather for the typical So Cal January, but what is your own experience with January?

Any help is appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Calling on So Cal Linea Ladies!

We Socal ladies wear t-necks and sweaters all the time. If you're used to the cold, though, you will find it warm here for wool.

Esteemed Contributor

Cold in the morning with a fast-warm up to the 60s (unless it's raining then expect chilly). It's all about layers!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I am from LA, and yes it is appropriate. It depends if you are comfortable. There are cool days in January, and there is always air contitioning when it is warm. WK is not hot and I think is appropriate anywhere!

Trusted Contributor

Better pack some light tops as well. We do have 80 degree days some years in Jan and a turtleneck would be very uncomfortable. It's supposed to be near 80 on Xmas day
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Gang! I'll leave the cashmere and merino home and pack the WK.

Super Contributor

I visit LA often. On any given day, you might see someone in a tank and shorts and someone else in a parka and Uggs, all at the same time, both quite comfortable. It could be in the 30s or 80s, although you should generally expect maybe 50 at night, 65 day. So wear what you feel good in, including anything Linea, any time, any place. And i agree, you'll need an option without a turtleneck, and it's definitely all about layers.

Regular Contributor

Hi Sammijo...hi today of 63, low of 48 in So Cal...by Tues hi is 75, low of 46...whisper knits are great. I wear them all year. Just be sure you have a medium warm sweater/ jacket for late afternoons and nights and you'll be fine. Have fun!