Super Contributor

Where in the World is Sheesh?

Miss you around these parts . . . let us all hear from you soon girlfriend!

Trust all is well

Honored Contributor

Re: Where in the World is Sheesh?

Yes, where is she? Hope all is well.

Respected Contributor

I'm here, I'm here! I was just going to bed and I thought I'd come over and check the Forum---it's been weeks!

I worked on that deal in DC which finally signed the day before Thanksgiving! I was crushed with work---working 18-20 hours per day--and then crashed over the Thanksgiving weekend. I've finally come back to life today and I already have a new deal in Dallas which is going to keep me busy through the Christmas holiday and well into 2015. I'm already on daily conference calls and it's only Monday!

I haven't yet caught up with personal emails---or shopping! I have to start getting my holiday shopping organized. I made a list of the people I need to buy gifts for and I did buy Linea Whisper Knit Scarves for my sisters and sisters-in law and a girlfriend---so that took care of 7 gifts, but there is plenty more to buy.

I hope every one has been well. Do we know of any new Linea coming our way?

Thanks for asking about me...you are a sweetheart.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Yikes, Sheesh! I hope your work schedule gets a little lighter before your retirement. You are definitely a hard-working woman. So glad you are okay.

Respected Contributor

Dear Sheesh, I am pretty sure there will be some new jewelry coming soon this month.
Super Contributor

Hey Sheesh - figured you were just busy, but had to check up on ya friend. Hope your carryon of Linea got you thru your extended stay in DC w/o having to hand wash in the Hotel bathroom sink?!

Don't stay away so long girlfriend.

p.s. I, too, will be gifting WK scarves this year . . . no brainer, LDO makes Life so easy!

Respected Contributor

Hi, NBW, Goldie and Marilyn.

Yes, every week, all my outfits were Linea. I was with a team of people from my company at our DC offices each week, and there were no customer meetings (surprisingly, as we were negotiating a large contract but it was all done by web conference and conference calls---because that is how the customer's outside counsel, who was in another city, wanted it) so I had a lot more flexibility in what I wore each day---which was essentially Whisper Knits, including Pants and Pencil Skirts, and Super Ponte Leggings. I really enjoyed wearing the Swing Top which I bought in Black and Mulberry---and I do hope it comes back in more colors next year.

Don't know when my trips to Dallas on the new deal will start but it will once again be Linea All Day, Every Day!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Sheesh, I'm glad you're back posting on the forum. I was worried that you might be ill. However, you've working really hard, so try to get some rest.

Aren't the Super Ponte Leggings great? I just wish that they could be reordered in new colors. I was lucky enough to get one pair each of the black and the taupe, and I hope I can pick up a back-up pair of black sometime.

I was only able to get the Mulberry Swing sweater. I've been stalking QVC.com every day to see if another color pops up in my size (maybe after January when some of the returns come in -- although I don't think there will be many, if any, returns of this sweater).

The Whisper Knits are real "work horses", so I can see why you love to travel with them in your suitcase. Do you roll or fold them in your suitcases?

If you don't mind answering this question, I'd like to know what suitcases you use when you travel. I haven't gone on a trip longer than a couple days for many years. I only have a small duffle bag, and I need a good quality spinner suitcase. I plan to travel to Arizona sometime this winter to visit my cousin, and will probably stay a week. (Anyone else have a suggestion?)

Honored Contributor

Lyn, I have one that I will not recommend. I just bought a new suitcase by Sharper Image. I never knew they did suitcases, and I thought with their devotion to current technology, the suitcase (a spinner) would be a good bet. For some reason I was leaning toward a hard case exterior, which I chose this time.

Well, despite the suitcase's allowing for a two-inch expansion by opening a second zipper, the main zipper opened up just as I was checking my 21-in. (I think) bag. I don't recall the dimensions right now, and I am at work and unable to verify this. The airline checker taped it up and slapped a fragile sticker on it. Fortunately, the bag made it back to Dulles International Airport safely from Las Vegas, but I was more than disappointed by this failure to perform. I admit I stuffed the suitcase with my WKs, but it should have held up -- especially the first time out.

Honored Contributor

I received a gift of the Sharper Image 15.6" Vertical Trolley. It is cute. It has compartments and takes in as much luggage as a normally larger looking carry-on trolley. BUT THE zipper of the major compartment reopens after packing (no over-stuffing, just general loose packing)!. Also, after ONE use, the telescopic handle is loose. Sharper Image does not care!

I just found this review online. Wish I had taken the time to check the suitcase out before buying it.