Valued Contributor

Root Beer necklace and double sided cross necklace

I like to go back and look at videos of pieces I am not wearing as often as I should and ran across video for A236148-Boucle vk tunic sweater and there is Jac wearing the original root beer necklace and gunmetal two sided cross; black stone on one side and root beer stone on the other. Brown pencil skirt, brown sweater; so simple, so easy, so elegant and encourages me to wear my gunmetal jewelry more this winter. Just lovely!

Valued Contributor

Re: Root Beer necklace and double sided cross necklace

Thanks I enjoyed the video. Still sorry I missed out on that root beer NL. I think u said u have the lurex tights. Do u remember what video they're in? I am unsure how to wear them. Dressy only or casual too? Difference btw gold or silver? Thanks for your thoughts.
Honored Contributor

This might be wishful thinking rather than accurate memory on my part, but didn't Louis remark in a discussion -- quite a while back -- that he would reproduce the gunmetal cross? That piece of info is stored in the back of my mind, and I hope it proves true.

Esteemed Contributor

No, not wishful thinking Goldie. I remember it, too. I didn't pay much attention because I already own (& love!) the gunmetal cross with the root beer stone. But I'm pretty sure that Louis said it would be returning. I missed out on the first root beer necklace but bought the newer root beer necklace and it does look great with that gunmetal cross.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Thank you, shoes. I'm not losing my mind after all {#emotions_dlg.blush}.

I, too, bought the second root beer necklace after stupidly not buying the first. Now I want the cross.

Valued Contributor

On 11/20/2014 1jac said: Thanks I enjoyed the video. Still sorry I missed out on that root beer NL. I think u said u have the lurex tights. Do u remember what video they're in? I am unsure how to wear them. Dressy only or casual too? Difference btw gold or silver? Thanks for your thoughts.

HI 1jac...Video number I had written down for the gold/black lurex has been taped over and I don't have a number for gold but silver/black lurex tights are shown on A259946, metallic print dress Maria is styling. Kind of hard to see how they really look. When either gold or silver is being worn you see dark legs with just a hint of reflection on the outer edges of the legs. They are not "in your face" sparkly or shiny. Just a hint of gold or silver as you move your legs. Very pretty and do not have the look of opaque solid black . If you don't want to wear a solid, heavy looking opaque black or a sheer black, these fill that fashion gap. I would also wear casual with solid skirt, sweater and casual shoe. I think the word "lurex" scares us and places these tights in evening category but they aren't. Wear casual or dressy. I have worn both pairs several times; they are very soft and are wearing well, no issues.

Valued Contributor

On 11/20/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 11/20/2014 1jac said: Thanks I enjoyed the video. Still sorry I missed out on that root beer NL. I think u said u have the lurex tights. Do u remember what video they're in? I am unsure how to wear them. Dressy only or casual too? Difference btw gold or silver? Thanks for your thoughts.

HI 1jac...Video number I had written down for the gold/black lurex has been taped over and I don't have a number for gold but silver/black lurex tights are shown on A259946, metallic print dress Maria is styling. Kind of hard to see how they really look. When either gold or silver is being worn you see dark legs with just a hint of reflection on the outer edges of the legs. They are not "in your face" sparkly or shiny. Just a hint of gold or silver as you move your legs. Very pretty and do not have the look of opaque solid black . If you don't want to wear a solid, heavy looking opaque black or a sheer black, these fill that fashion gap. I would also wear casual with solid skirt, sweater and casual shoe. I think the word "lurex" scares us and places these tights in evening category but they aren't. Wear casual or dressy. I have worn both pairs several times; they are very soft and are wearing well, no issues.

Happy Lady thank you so much! I checked out the video and agree that the look is not over the top but has an air of sophistication. Your comments were very helpful. I am going to give them a try. I don't expect they'll return next year. I 'll get them while I can. So many of his other hosiery choices in size B are no longer available.