Respected Contributor

Linea tights - all over lace or back lace?

Trying to decide on just one. Curious which you like better between the all over lace tights or the back lace tights? For the back lace ones, is it hard to keep the lace centered on the back of the leg or does it stay put?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea tights - all over lace or back lace?

You really need both and the lace back stays put.

I wear the all lace for day mostly as it pairs so well with skirts and sweaters, and the lace back for evening as they're knock-out with a little black dress, especially one that has any sort of trim such as beading or sequins.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I agree with gardensla, you really need both. It's like comparing oranges and apples, yes, they are both fruit, but so different. I wear mine the opposite way though. The all over lace for evening and the back lace for day, because the front looks like a plain opaque and then the surprise back. Really you could wear them both day and night, that's why I think you need both, and who knows if they will ever come back, so it's better to get them while you can and not be sorry later.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/12/2014 MarilynM said:

I agree with gardensla, you really need both. It's like comparing oranges and apples, yes, they are both fruit, but so different. I wear mine the opposite way though. The all over lace for evening and the back lace for day, because the front looks like a plain opaque and then the surprise back. Really you could wear them both day and night, that's why I think you need both, and who knows if they will ever come back, so it's better to get them while you can and not be sorry later.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} yep.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

OK, you three talked me into buying another pair of black all over lace and another pair of back lace in navy. Better get them while I can. I love these tights and I have a sinking feeling they are going to be "kapoot". I sure hope not. Some items seem to do so well and then they don't reorder, who know how decisions are made. I think all of Louis' leg wear look and feel terrific and really do add another dimension to completing an outfit. A pair of patterned tights showing at the bottom of trousers looks so smart. I love the herringbone! I wear both the all over lace and the back lace day and night. I think the back lace in navy looks so chic with the navy pencil skirt, navy tnk and plain pumps. You turn to walk away and BAM!! gorgeous navy lace going up the back. It does make one look.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

You ladies are quite the enablers! I don't wear tights or skirts that often so was trying to just get one of the lace pairs. I'm already getting both of the lurex ones. And now you've got me wanting both lace pairs! They do look beautiful and seem unique. I guess I shouldn't pass them up or I'll regret it later. Thanks so much for your input!
Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 mjunkie said: You ladies are quite the enablers! I don't wear tights or skirts that often so was trying to just get one of the lace pairs. I'm already getting both of the lurex ones. And now you've got me wanting both lace pairs! They do look beautiful and seem unique. I guess I shouldn't pass them up or I'll regret it later. Thanks so much for your input!

Dear mjunkie, I really love my lace tights or I would never suggest for anyone to buy them, but I know what happens here with Linea. When you hesitate you end up without, and they seldom reorder! I wanted to get some of the Linea WK scarves and solid tights as presents, but the solid tights are SOLD OUT and no word of any more coming in! !QVC doesn't know when they have something good. I am going to get extra lace tights so I don't run out

Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 MarilynM said:
On 11/13/2014 mjunkie said: You ladies are quite the enablers! I don't wear tights or skirts that often so was trying to just get one of the lace pairs. I'm already getting both of the lurex ones. And now you've got me wanting both lace pairs! They do look beautiful and seem unique. I guess I shouldn't pass them up or I'll regret it later. Thanks so much for your input!

Dear mjunkie, I really love my lace tights or I would never suggest for anyone to buy them, but I know what happens here with Linea. When you hesitate you end up without, and they seldom reorder! I wanted to get some of the Linea WK scarves and solid tights as presents, but the solid tights are SOLD OUT and no word of any more coming in! !QVC doesn't know when they have something good. I am going to get extra lace tights so I don't run out

Thank you for the push! I stalked QVC for the WK swing sweaters so I wouldn't miss out. Thankfully I got what I wanted, but I have missed out on other items in the past. I went ahead and ordered both lace styles and both lurex styles. Those are the ones I wanted most. Will see how those fit (I'm at the high end of the A, hoping I shouldn't have gotten the B) before I order more. I hope they fit!