Trusted Contributor

Question about the New Ball Earrings

Does anyone who has the original three strand gold ball necklace also have the set of the ball earrings? I am wondering if the finish on the gold ball earring is the same as that of the original gold ball necklace. If not the same, do they work together?

Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about the New Ball Earrings

Gosh, Barbara, are there no ladies from years past who bought the original gold ball necklace and still read this forum? I'm one of those who came late to the party and played catch-up with the newest goldtone necklace.

I hope you hear from someone soon.

Trusted Contributor

I'm getting the ball earrings, but they haven't been delivered yet. I'll report back if you don't hear from someone else in the meantime.

Super Contributor

Received my earring set today. Smaller than I had hoped, but will be a nice basic in my wardrobe. I have the gold and gunmetal two strand necklaces that match.

Respected Contributor

Are they the same size as the pearls or bigger. I only got the gold necklace so don't want to get the set if they're that small.

Valued Contributor

HI BARBARA, No the finish is not the same as the original necklace. And the earrings are not the size of the large middle bead or the next smaller size on each side of the middle bead. They are the third size down. They are not as large as I would have liked (size on each side of the large bead) but they are nice and colors and finish do match the four colors of the 2 strand beaded necklaces. I bought some of the earrings for xmas gifts and as usual they are already being worn as early gifts. Oh well.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't buy the new two strand necklace as I already have the original three strand. I assume the new ball earrings in gold don't work with the original necklace although they don't match? Thanks so much, HAPPY LADY!

Respected Contributor

Dear Barbara, I received the earrings last night, and looked at them with the original ball necklace this morning. I think the color is the same. The difference is the original necklace is a little shinier than the earring, but on the ear with the necklace the difference is negligible. I will definitely wear mine together.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much, MarilynM. If they work together that is OK by me! That necklace is such a statement that I really need the earrings to be in the background.