Respected Contributor

Linea went to the Grand Canyon!

Hi ya! Back from my AZ vacation and I am happy to report that I wore my Linea at the Grand Canyon and it was perfect! I wore the Black Poly Span Leggings and the Black Poly Span Tunic with Wooden Bead Trim (it was 72 degrees and sunny). I also brought the Super Ponte Leggings, a Black Posh T-neck and the Brown/Black Tortoise Jacquard Zipper Jacket, as well as the Black WK Scarf. Who said you can't be chic and designer outfitted while touring at a National Park? We drove up from my house in North Phoenix and stayed overnight in a suite at the El Tovar right at the edge of the South Rim. Great trip---but I missed the shows flying home yesterday.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

Re: Linea went to the Grand Canyon!

What a wonderful trip! Glad you were able to take a break and get away for a bit.

Honored Contributor

It's a shame we cannot show vacation photos here, I would love to see some scenery.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have good friends who live in Sedona. I owe a visit to them.....

Super Contributor

Oooh, El Tovar ... lovely! Sounds like you had a great trip. When we went 2 years ago, we parked the silver Avion trailer at Williams for a couple of days, and took the train up; so much fun Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 10/28/2014 CathyRD said:

Oooh, El Tovar ... lovely! Sounds like you had a great trip. When we went 2 years ago, we parked the silver Avion trailer at Williams for a couple of days, and took the train up; so much fun Smiley Happy

Next time, I'm also going to take the train from Williams. I've been to the El Tovar twice and had dinner in the dining room both times---had the same table --smack dab in front of the fireplace--so warm and cozy and the sirloin strip steak dinner was fabulous, as well as the wine. One of my friends (the one visiting from London) had the Buffalo Filet Mignon and she said it was delicious.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Nice trip!
Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Sheesh said:
On 10/28/2014 CathyRD said:

Next time, I'm also going to take the train from Williams. I've been to the El Tovar twice and had dinner in the dining room both times---had the same table --smack dab in front of the fireplace--so warm and cozy and the sirloin strip steak dinner was fabulous, as well as the wine. One of my friends (the one visiting from London) had the Buffalo Filet Mignon and she said it was delicious.

Hi Sheesh! That train ride transports one back in time - you'll see the South Rim from an entirely different perspective . . .

Super Contributor

The train worked out terrific for us. Great fun, and they have an excellent dog spa/boarding kennel there, so we were able to leave Miss Reffi in good hands for her own little spa vacation while we went north LOL.

Honored Contributor

So you saw the Grand Canyon in grand style. Good for you and welcome back, Sheesh!