Honored Contributor

Swing Sweater Review A259620

First off-- stick with your usual Linea size in WK tops-- mine is a Small. This top is very nice in Louis' olive and the mulberry is a nice purple shade.

Measurements for Small taken from the garment on a flat surface like a table:

Chest 1" below armhole 19" = 38" circumference

HighPointShoulder 13" from that area is where the garment tapers inward that measurement from side to side is 18" = 36" circumference

Sleeve length from where it meets shoulder 23.5"

Cross back from where sleeves join the back of garment side/side about 4.5" from HPS is 14.5"

Garment sweep-- bottom of the garment from side to side 30" =60" circumference

The garment's swing area has a asymmetrical hem which has its points on the side of your body and not down your front or back.

Keepers!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Swing Sweater Review A259620

It looks like the sides come down longer in points, does this accentuate the hips like Lori goldstein (which I hate)?

Honored Contributor

No it glides the body on the sides-- at least on me it does.

Honored Contributor

Measurement of point sides vs shorter sides: taken from below the armpit where the sleeve joins the body of the garment 21" vs. 19" -- the shorter measurement is taken from the front side of the garment and the longer measurement is taken with the sleeve upraised on the table and the measurement is from the armpit to the point tip.

I don't own any of the LOGO garments so I cannot make the comparison between this piece and Lori's garments. But looking at the LOGO garments online, this looks like a LOGO 'light' with not so deep points. I hope this is not as clear as mud! Smile

Super Contributor

Thanks, JJM -- very helpful! Glad you're pleased with this new style. My size Small should be here on Monday.

Honored Contributor

JJM, in your opinion, would this sweater make a hippy person look hippier?

Honored Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Goldie76 said:

JJM, in your opinion, would this sweater make a hippy person look hippier?

No, I don't think so! It doesn't expand outward like a flounce would. The goring makes it glide against the hips. Terrible photo of the point online here! Should have had the model stand a little to the side to see the point instead of a closeup of the point!

Trusted Contributor

Jazz, thanks for posting. I see the sweater is now at a featured price. I'm wondering if it will be on easy pay come Monday. Anyhow, you said to order our regular size.....on this one, the chest measurement for my regular size of 1X is 1/2 inch SMALLER than the XL. Not sure why. Anyhow, is there plenty of room? I see that the chest measurement is about 3 inches smaller than the boyfriend cardigan I just received, which fits great (little roomy). Just want to make sure this swing sweater doesn't run small. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I don't think it runs small-- in my usual size, it fits as a semi fitted look on me. I wear a 36C bra for reference and the chest measurement is 38"

Honored Contributor

Thanks, JJM. You know me, I'm all about the olive pieces this season. "Make hay while the sun shines," as they say.