Honored Contributor

I have an important meeting coming up.....would you go full out navy/ivory pinstripe suit (white or blue shirt ) or a softer look like feather print in mushroom with a jacket? Any other ideas would be appreciated...thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I think we need a bit more in the way of context. Is this a meeting in a formal environment such as a corporation, bank, financial firm or something more informal? That said, I think the pinstripe would work for either depending on how you accessorize it. For something formal you could add the wing collar blouse; more casual you could slip an ivory sweater under it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

I have a meeting today and I went the pinstripe suit look. I think it depends on what message you want to convey. The feel like the pinstripe suit conveys confidence and strength, while a softer look conveys more of a feminine softer vibe. Nothing wrong with either look. Good luck in your meeting.

Trusted Contributor

The added bonus of course is that this suit is so darn comfortable! You'll never feel like a "stuffed suit", pardon the pun in this little number.

Knock em dead!

Respected Contributor
I agree, pinstripe all the way.
Trusted Contributor
Definitely pinstripe. And it's a fashion trend this season, so you'll "kill two birds with one stone"! Pun intended in a nice way!
Respected Contributor

Pinstripe!!

Honored Contributor

If you're comfortable in the pinstripe, that look says "important meeting."

It's not a look I could ever pull off, so I'd go mushroom and let my voice and my hair, make-up, shoes and bag say "important."

Whichever way you choose - all the way from head to toe.

Super Contributor

I am in the minority. A matching jacket and pants with a blouse is my choice - even if you wear high heels. A pinstripe suit is too yesterday and signals trying too hard to play with the boys. Play up your feminine side. Times have changed.

Super Contributor

My Mother always told me my best accessory is my Smile. I've learned over some time that confidence is a more powerful thing with comes to Life in general.

Linea keeps us all dress'd for success no matter what our lifefstyle.

Follow your heart - be comfortable in your own skin.

Shine On . . .