Respected Contributor
Is the neck very close fitting? Are the sleeves tight fitting? Love the look of this poncho - very grateful for any help on these two questions.
Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies Who Purchased Poncho

I hate to be negative on this top as there are so many Linea lovers out there but I received it yesterday and I could not pack it up soon enough to return today. I have lots of Linea and love his line, however, I hated this sweater/poncho. I am always a M but ordered both the M and S not knowing how this would fit. The M was enormous. The S was also huge but what I really hated was the fit/style. The neck was the only thing I liked. Not tight at all, the sleeves were also perfect. But being that the sides are completely open, from the side I looked like I was wearing a tent. I tried it on with a light top underneath but I could not even imagine how riduculous this would look when caught in the wind. the back would fly up in the air. Sorry, but I really, really hated this sweater.

Valued Contributor

The neck is not tight fitting--a comfortable turtleneck that is not close or restricting. The sleeves are fairly fitted in my opinion. I have slender arms and to me they are just right with a medium weight shirt underneath. I think the ribbed sleeves look chic---not too loose or tight.
Valued Contributor

I have not received mine yet. I knew when I ordered it I was taking a chance on an item I am unsure about. I too have many questions but it looked so cute that I was willing to take a chance.

Trusted Contributor

The neck is close fitting without being tight. The neck and the color were the only 2 things I liked about this garment. The sleeves were on the tighter side, compared to the rest of the garment.

Respected Contributor

After seeing a few reviews, even though I fell in love with the mulberry color, I've decided to pass on the poncho. I've ordered so much Linea this fall that I adore and there's so much else on my list to get that it's best to pass on what would be a risky purchase for me.

I know many of you will love this piece--enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Loveour4leggedfriends.... You expressed my sentiments exactly. I tried to say the same thing in another post, but failed miserably and was admonished by someone who accused me of not knowing what a poncho was like. There's just too much of it. The sleeves make the sides seem too short. I own other ponchos, Burberry, Chicos, and more, but none as voluminous as this one. I sent it back. I've been a closet Linea lady for awhile and I'm not likely to venture out of it again.
Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 2zbeach said: Loveour4leggedfriends.... You expressed my sentiments exactly. I tried to say the same thing in another post, but failed miserably and was admonished by someone who accused me of not knowing what a poncho was like. There's just too much of it. The sleeves make the sides seem too short. I own other ponchos, Burberry, Chicos, and more, but none as voluminous as this one. I sent it back. I've been a closet Linea lady for awhile and I'm not likely to venture out of it again.

2zbeach, I know what you mean. I must have at least 50 ponchos and have never had one with such an odd look and fit. (on me) I ordered all 3 colors so most certainly wanted to love it. Another poster left me a snarky post.

I will join you in the closet. I'd seen references in other forums about daring to post a less than positive review here. Never again.

Frequent Contributor

I received the Mulberry. This is my first piece of Linea and I have to say I was very disappointed. I do not feel this was well made - it was very thin, did not like how it was cut where the sleeves met the body of the garment (it had a funny shaped piece sticking out). It reminded me of the "special buys" you find at B&M stores. Also it looked like it was a return, although I know it was not.

I have to say I was quite surprised since all you ladies seems to be so pleased with his line. I was so looking forward to finding a poncho that was well made and fit properly.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 nowpurple said:

I received the Mulberry. This is my first piece of Linea and I have to say I was very disappointed. I do not feel this was well made - it was very thin, did not like how it was cut where the sleeves met the body of the garment (it had a funny shaped piece sticking out). It reminded me of the "special buys" you find at B&M stores. Also it looked like it was a return, although I know it was not.

I have to say I was quite surprised since all you ladies seems to be so pleased with his line. I was so looking forward to finding a poncho that was well made and fit properly.

Try and steam out the package wrinkles and then try it on again. I do believe it is meant to be a layering piece instead of worn on its own.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼