Respected Contributor

Has anyone received the shetland boyfriend cardigan or poncho?

My cardigans are out for delivery today, but my ponchos just shipped this morning, so it will probably be Friday before I receive them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the shetland boyfriend cardigan or poncho?

I received all 3 this AM and they are already packed up and ready to go back.

The colors were lovely. As a person who wears ponchos, I feel the design would have been better without the (extremely long) sleeves. The sizing runs large. There is no way this is an outer garment. It is an average weight sweater.

My mulberry had a good size hole right smack dab in the middle of the front.

Respected Contributor

Oh no. Sorry you weren't happy, lulu.

Trusted Contributor

My mulberry poncho is packed and ready to go back as well. Color was beautiful,but the poncho was absolutely shapeless. Being long-waisted,the sides didn't even hit my waist. The rest was just too over-sized and looked terribly misshapen,yet I don't think a smaller size would have helped. Not sure Louis hit the mark with this one. Anyone else?
Trusted Contributor

What about the Shetland boyfriend cardigan? Should get my gray by Friday. Glad I passed on the poncho.
Occasional Contributor

I just tried to look up the poncho using the item number A259617 and using ""Linea poncho"" and it is not there. Did they pull it for some reason or maybe they are saving it for a potential OTO?

Respected Contributor

On 10/21/2014 SheriShops said:

I just tried to look up the poncho using the item number A259617 and using ""Linea poncho"" and it is not there. Did they pull it for some reason or maybe they are saving it for a potential OTO?

The number for the poncho is A259617 but I just checked and it says it's unavailable.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/21/2014 santorini said:
On 10/21/2014 SheriShops said:

The number for the poncho is A259617 but I just checked and it says it's unavailable.

Wow - that's strange. It was there when I got to work this morning -- I was going to order the mulberry.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Q is afraid certain colors and sizes will sell out before presentation and that is why they have pulled it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I received my Olive Branch and Mulberry ponchos today and I'm very happy with them. They are ponchos. What kind of shape did you expect? They're not capes. They are very long, almost 30 inches so I don't understand what 2zbeach meant when she said they don't hit her waist? My waist is 17 inches from the high point shoulder and the poncho doesn't end anywhere near my waist. I'm a little confused by her review, but if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work. I'm keeping both of mine and I'm happy I got my order in before they stopped selling them. There must have been a run on them. My Boyfriend cardigan also arrived in the Gray, Clay and Hunter Green, and they fit just like the pullover. I ordered the same xs and all are keepers.