Respected Contributor

Re-Order - Kate Shirt - Sneak Peek NEW Colour CLAY!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE CLAY COTTON/SPAN KATE SHIRT”</h3>

fur coat5

…………………………The “KATE” shirt, A214116, has been reordered once again……..due to popular demand. “Kate” is a name I have dubbed this style, and you will not find this name listed on the Linea QVC site so just look for the “A” number…..The new color above is…………CLAY……………..This is a soft TERRACOTTA color. We used to call this type of color a MAX FACTOR color, because it was reminiscent of a makeup color. I think it is a beautiful complexion color, and adds color to the face. This, by no means, is a washed out drab or dull color.. It is EARTHY and RICH………For those of you who are newer to the Linea line I will tell you about this shirt. It was inspired by Kate Hepburn, who was know for wearing white cotton shirts and pants, and named after Kate Karam, one of my Linea Ladies, who repeatedly asked for a good cotton shirt. I’m sure you are all familiar with Kate from my website and the Linea Fashion Forum…… A few years ago when I introduced this shirt, my goal was to make a man tailored shirt for women with all the details and quality of a MAN’S shirt…fit for a WOMAN…… Jac, my wife, would always complain that since I left Anne Klein she hadn’t been able to find a decent white cotton shirt. They were thin cottons that were see through, and badly made. She resorted to buying mens shirts…… First, I had to find the right fabric…..easier said than done. Since I couldn’t find one I liked or could afford, I decided to have it made exclusively for Linea, The cotton is a super fine yarn woven in a fine twill which uses more yarn than a flat weave….therefore the see through problem was solved…..Adding the spandex also adds to the weight with also helps it from being see through…..plus adds comfort to wearing the shirt…..Fabric….CHECK……Next the style. I wanted a shirt to fit a woman so I added body darts so it wouldn’t be straight and boxy, and to give it the proper shape without being tight or constricting…….This requires a delicate balance when using a woven fabric….. especially when dealing with so many sizes.. Then I sent the pattern to the factory with one of my shirts so they could copy all of the mens details….down to the COLLAR STAYS. When was the last time you saw COLLAR STAYS in a woman’s shirt???…..The shirt came out exactly as I wanted and it was an instant success………..Yes, it is all cotton with a little span….no polyester, so there will be some ironing required. I ironed the sample above [learned how to iron in design school], and all the samples I am about to present….it took about 4 minutes. I do not like iron free shirt fabrics, because for the most part chemicals are added to prevent wrinkling. There is no SUPER STRAIN of COTTON….at least none that I’ve heard about…………..Above, I have the CLAY shirt with the new CLAY WK TN, A72448 and the new CLAY BOYFRIEND SHETLAND CARDIGAN, A259619…..The fabrics and the textures and the colors look wonderful together….a TRUE AMERICAN SPORTSWEAR DESIGNER LOOK. ….As the Sondheim song goes, “pieces by piece, putting it together”……..In some of the photos I have the new SLIM LEG OLIVE PANT, and in others the SLIM LEG STONE PANT, A259702 REG, A259705 PETITE…….both work equally well………To accessorize………….The DOUBLE STRAND CHOCOLATE BEADS, J296893……….The new FREE FORM BEAD necklace in the ROOT BEER/GUNMETAL NECKLACE, J317652……and the color station SPICE BEAD NECKLACE, J288007…. The previous two work perfectly together for a layered look without getting heavy………….”Piece by Piece”………………I would call these looks…….CASUALLY DRESSED……………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………………………….enjoy………..much Love……………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE STONE COTTON/SPAN KATE SHIRT”</h3>

fur coat6

……………………………….Stone…………….is the second NEW COLOR being offered in the “Kate” shirt, A214116…………There are many color names I could have given this color such as Elephant, Pumice, Putty, French Grey, but we went with STONE…………………………It’s a great shirt to wear layered or on it’s own…..or as a perfect SHIRT JACKET for those of you who live in warm climes……………There are many styles that will be avail this October in STONE. Unless they are in the same fabric, like a Whisper Knit top and skirt, they are GUARANTEED not to match…..but they will BLEND beautifully. Personally, I think that is a much more interesting way to put the pieces together…….TONAL………..In the above photos there are THREE different STONE FABRICS…..The COTTON SHIRT, A214116, the WHISPER KNIT SHORT SLEEVE JEWEL NECK, A257382 [coming in Jan.], and the RAYON/POLY/SPAN slim plant, avail in reg and petite lengths…………..None of them are an exact match, but the overall effect is very good. The Shetland cardigan is also avail. in the STONE which will add a fourth texture and shade to an outfit…..if you choose to dress in shades of one color………if not…………I have added the GREY BOYFRIEND CARDIGAN, A259619, as an accent……very CLASSIC…..always SOPHISTICATED. To accessorize I have added the new “Free Form Bead necklace” in the grey, A317652. I must say the photos on the Linea QVC site do not do these necklaces any justice. They continually back light transparent beads, which washes all of the color and dimension out of them, and there is no way to tell what the actual size or heft is from the photos.. Each bead is a different ORGANIC shape and they are quite chunky. The “RINGS” have a free form shape and work perfectly with the free form beads. I hope you do not judge them by the QVC photos. What I love about this GREY and SILVER combination is…..the beads have just a tint of gray and pick up whatever color you wear them on….cameleon like…….The STONE KATE shirt is a wonder basic to add to your sportswear separates……………………………………………………….enjoy………………much Love……………………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE WHITE COTTON/SPAN KATE SHIRT”</h3>

fur coat7

…………………………………It started right here, a few years ago, with the ………..WHITE “KATE” SHIRT…………………If you love the idea of a white cotton shirt……….you will or already LOVE this shirt…..Really, what’s to say about a CLASSIC, TIMELESS, always CHIC WHITE COTTON SHIRT…………….you’re either a devotee or not…………..Carolina Herrera, a very famous designer….know for dressing very sophisticated women……comes out onto the runway at the finale of each of her shows wearing one of her WHITE COTTON SHIRTS……….it has become her SIGNATURE LOOK………………I know some of you have three or four of these white shirts alone. Kate has told me she has some that are pressed for that Crisp Perfect look, and some straight out of the wash, left to dry, and then are worn for a more casual….edgy look………….However, and whatever your style is….A WHITE COTTON SHIRT is as important to American Sportswear as a Navy Blazer…………………………enjoy……………..much Love…………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Re-Order - Kate Shirt - Sneak Peek NEW Colour CLAY!

Stone is new too. I love my Kate shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to check out the Kate shirts -- thank you -- I'll look for the jacket, too. Love that! Have a good weekend ladies.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I received the clay tneck and have worn already. Love this color. If you live in the southwest you've got to get this new clay color. Looks fabulous with turquoise and also teal. Of course, with all earth tones and so much more. There are clay threads woven into several of the jackets from the past few years. I expressed shipped this Kate shirt in clay and stone and was delivered this morning. The stone (I keep thinking it should have been called cement) wk pencil skirt with this stone shirt and grey boyfriend cardigan is so classic. I'm wearing that today with my Animal Instincts Leggings in stone. I'll be buying everything offered in stone. Can't wait for the stone/black coat. Shame this shirt is too short for some ladies, it is such a wonderful shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I have about 10 of this shirt between all the colors and am ordering stone today. Even the ones that are several years old still look great and seem to get better with age!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

I'm new to Linea...I recently purchased the peacoat in blue and I love it. Think I'll try the Kate shirt, based on the reviews. I'll start with white--I like the idea of an opaque shirt. Very hard to find!

I'm reading up on the Whisper Knits--what piece should I start with?

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 crillon said:

I'm new to Linea...I recently purchased the peacoat in blue and I love it. Think I'll try the Kate shirt, based on the reviews. I'll start with white--I like the idea of an opaque shirt. Very hard to find!

That is a very hard question, because once you start you can't stop. If you want to start with one I would say the A217629, the basic V-neck long sleeve. Everyone loves this sweater. If you want to try a beautiful sweater set then I would say the new cardigan A259706 with the matching tank A237404 and why not the matching Whisper knit scarf A257914. You can't go wrong with these and colors and sizes are avail, for now!

Contributor

On 10/18/2014 MarilynM said:
On 10/18/2014 crillon said:

That is a very hard question, because once you start you can't stop. If you want to start with one I would say the A217629, the basic V-neck long sleeve. Everyone loves this sweater. If you want to try a beautiful sweater set then I would say the new cardigan A259706 with the matching tank A237404 and why not the matching Whisper knit scarf A257914. You can't go wrong with these and colors and sizes are avail, for now!

Thank you for your suggestions, Marilyn! I ordered the brick red cardigan + tank + scarf! It's such a designer look. Still deciding on a color for the whisper knit v-neck.

I'll be watching the Linea show next week to get some ideas. If you have any more to share, fire away!

Super Contributor

Question--do you think this is a style that needs to be ordered one size up? The measurements look a little tight to me especially with the fabric content. Leaning towards the new stone and clay colors but don't want to get the wrong size. Usually I'm a medium in most Linea items.

Valued Contributor

I ordered the clay, love the color. The stone is just too grey for my taste!