Respected Contributor

How You Know When You Are Out of Shopping Control!

Well, I was looking at my orders for the WH V-neck Sweater yesterday and, lo and behold, I ordered an Aubergine V-neck in August 2014 and apparently I ordered an Aubergine V-neck in August 2013, too! What the heck? I looked in my drawers and I only can find the one that came in August 2014. I need a Personal Assistant...seriously........

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

Re: How You Know When You Are Out of Shopping Control!

You know when you have to askWink

I do that with books. I'll think, oh what a great book, order it up on Amazon, and then find I already own it and it's sitting in my to-read pile! Happens far more than I'd like to admit. I'm not there yet with Linea, but with all the WKs I now have, I can see duplicates winding up in my cart in the not-too-distant future.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not laughing, really! Well, maybe just a little...Wink

Frequent Contributor

How about when you put the item number in the order history search to see if you already bought it?!? ....I may have done that a time or two..... and yes, maybe I have too much in my closet(s)!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Regular Contributor

Sheesh, you're not alone. It happened to me once, so I've learned to check my order status for the item number. Unfortunately, it doesn't include my ebay items, so I have to thoroughly check the closet.

It happens when either:

a. Louis styles an item and makes it appear in a completely new way, or

b. someone starts a new thread on this forum and sings the praises of something still available

Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered things I own but not on the Q, mostly on catalog sales. I have put a stop to it realizing the problem. I was buying too much and wearing them too little to even notice what I was doing. I stopped totally and now am being very very careful.

Honored Contributor

When you can rationalize any purchase whether you need it or not.

Trusted Contributor

I tend to reorder lots and lots of generic style black tops. I have no idea how many I actually have, but I've decided I'm not ordering any more black tops! Ugh...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

LOL! I have done the same thing, Sheesh! But once it was the identical color but with a new name.

I AM, though, going to make lists by color of all the WKs I have.

Esteemed Contributor

If you are asking you really already know the answer......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.