Respected Contributor

Review of my Raspberry Pea Coat

First, the QVC orange box was completely trashed---broken crushed on both ends down to have the size of the box, brown taped ripped open and re-taped with clear tape---I feared the worst! I took pix with my cell phone before I opened as I was not sure I was going to find anything in side!

Amazingly, the Pea Coat and the White Wing Collar Shirt were there inside and just fine.

The Size medium fit me like a glove---all buttons buttoned, including the inside button. I'm back on my diet and will lose a few more pounds but that will only help the fit to make it slightly more roomy. I could not have worn any other size.

I tried it on with a cotton/poly Michael Kors tunic top over my Super Ponte leggings. The coat covered my bum and other then having to have the sleeves shortened (I always do), I couldn't be happier. I didn't notice any scratchiness on my neck---but that's a personal sensitivity thing.

The color is darker, less bright, that showed on my TV screen during the show, but I knew that was going to happen--and while I would have liked the brighter color, this is just fine---deep and dark--more of a wine to my eye.

I will wear with Black, Navy, Hunter Green, Winter White and Grey---that makes this coat quite versatile. I, of course got the matching shawl, as well.

"Shopped" my handbag and shoe collections and discovered that a Cole Haan Wine Suede and Patent Satchel and matching flats AND matching pumps (although not crazy about the style of the pumps, now) that I bought at the Cole Haan outlet in Middletown, NY about 3 years ago, match the coat PERFECTLY! So a nice little bonus there--although I wouldn't ordinarily match my handbag with my coat, but why not--gives me options--especially if I want to use with the just the Raspberry shawl with other pieces.

Didn't try it with anything else yet as I must get back to work, but i bet there are more hidden discoveries and combinations just waiting to be unveiled.

I think this classic peacoat will be in my wardrobe for years.

I put the Black in my cart now, but I have to keep telling myself that the faux fur is coming, as well as the suede---and why is "one" never enough for me? I have to STOP...I will NOT hit "submit"...I'll just let it quietly sit there in my cart and then slip away.......

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of my Raspberry Pea Coat

I have to marvel at how Louis is able to design a jacket and provide colors that suit women of all heights, sizes and coloring! Even though many have said it, I have to reiterate that Louis is a treasure. Thanks for the review, Sheesh.
Honored Contributor

Oh No! You have got to stop this! My heart really belongs to the raspberry color! I have the Persian Blue on the way - takes a long time to get to West Coast. I will need to get the sleeves lengthened (5'11""). I keep wanting to order the raspberry but I know the blue is more practical for me as I try to pare things down.

Honored Contributor

I received my Persian Blue today, along with the white blouse. Both fit me perfectly. The Pea Coat...length just covers my rear, sleeve length is just right, buttons up like it was made for me. I am 5'6 1/2", 140 lbs, wide shoulders, 38C bra size, and wear the medium. This coat will be my winter coat, unless we get way below zero this winter, It will be warm enough without being too heavy. The wing collar blouse...the extra inch in length (from the Kate shirt) paid off for me, as the Kate was too short on me. I can wear this shirt belted, or not, again, sleeve length hits just at top of hand. No problem with bust area being too tight.

I also was thinking as I tried my new goodies on, how does Louis manage to fit, perfectly, so many different body sizes and shapes.

"To each their own, in all things".
New Contributor

My pea coats arrived today (black & camel) , size large and the fit is great. I am relatively new to Linea, so I missed the prior pea coat(s). The material is non-scratchy for me, which is great. The length is finger tip (I am 5'8") and tush is covered. Hope everyone enjoys them!
Respected Contributor

That is a very nice coat and a classic that won't go out of style. It seems to curve in just slightly at the waist, or at least that's how the picture looks. I like that. Pea coats were very "in" when I was in high school, and I've always liked them since then. I like to wear bright coats in the winter sometimes, as the season can be long and icy. That raspberry coat will cheer you up!

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 BocelliWoman said: My pea coats arrived today (black & camel) , size large and the fit is great. I am relatively new to Linea, so I missed the prior pea coat(s). The material is non-scratchy for me, which is great. The length is finger tip (I am 5'8") and tush is covered. Hope everyone enjoys them!

There was no prior Linea Pea coat---this is Louis' first Pea coat for the Linea Line on QVC. He did another version of the soon to be available double breasted swing coat about 4 years ago. A Pea coat is supposed to be fitted to keep the wind and elements out when on board ship at sea---the classic Navy Pea Coat!

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Ms X said:

That is a very nice coat and a classic that won't go out of style. It seems to curve in just slightly at the waist, or at least that's how the picture looks. I like that. Pea coats were very "in" when I was in high school, and I've always liked them since then. I like to wear bright coats in the winter sometimes, as the season can be long and icy. That raspberry coat will cheer you up!

It will cheer me up as it fits and looks so well---but it is not bright at all--it's a deep winey color.

Respected Contributor

I also got my pea coat in Persian Blue today and I love the color! Deeper than what I'd expected, but still a gorgeous shade. Great fit & fabric, too. Ordered the medium for my 5'9" frame (38C) and although it doesn't quite cover my bum, it's long enough. I tried it on over my leggings and the acrylic v-neck, plus a shirt, and it was comfortable! I'll wear this jacket over my maxi skirts, pencil skirts & pants in grey, brown, black, navy and taupe.

Respected Contributor

For those of you who received the Raspberry Pea Coat, can you tell me if the color is similar to Aubergine? I have a couple Aubergine sweaters, and the color isn't that great on me (auburn hair, pale skin). On air, I loved the color, but not sure that's the color I would get.

I did order the Persian Blue Pea Coat (I haven't received it yet), but was also considering the Raspberry. Thanks.