Valued Contributor

Reminder sneak peak Pea Jacket see Skirt A239318

Jac is wearing the Persian Blue and you get a good idea of length in this sneak peak. Coming on 9/29 show in Persian Blue, Black, Camel and Raspberry. We've seen info from Louis's website, several times on the posts here, but it's nice to see actually modeled by Jac.

Item number for jacket, when available, is A259261

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reminder sneak peak Pea Jacket see Skirt A239318

I've watched it a couple of times after the show. I'm considering black. Not sure how warm it will be, though. Gets cold in NY!
Honored Contributor

I live near Seattle and I am sure it will be warm enough here. My heart belongs to the raspberry but I am going to get the Persian Blue as I feel I will get more use out of that color. I have the teal and fuchsia in the seamed jacket and while I love that fuchsia jacket I have gotten much more use out of the teal jacket.

Valued Contributor

As the saying goes"I need another_______like a hole in the head". My filler would be "jacket". I have so many, Louis does such great jackets and I love and wear them all. But this is getting out of hand. I am looking forward to viewing the Raspberry. I got the shawl and sweater in Raspberry and they are gorgeous. A very unusual color; a deep rich wine/burgundy; not a bright color that I was visualizing, so I'll probably give in and order Raspberry. But I love the Persian Blue. Jac looks so chic in blue and brown combo. The Pea Jacket never goes out of style. But it seems with Louis's clothes the majority of his designs are classics and survive the fashion raves that come and go.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, Happy Lady! I much prefer seeing the items on the videos of the models as opposed to looking at photos. I was planning on ordering this jacket in camel, but now I think I'm going to get the camel AND the blue. This video just convinced me. Smiley Happy I'm also going to pick up a swing jacket. I love this season's color palette!

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

As the saying goes"I need another_______like a hole in the head". My filler would be "jacket". I have so many, Louis does such great jackets and I love and wear them all. But this is getting out of hand. I am looking forward to viewing the Raspberry. I got the shawl and sweater in Raspberry and they are gorgeous. A very unusual color; a deep rich wine/burgundy; not a bright color that I was visualizing, so I'll probably give in and order Raspberry. But I love the Persian Blue. Jac looks so chic in blue and brown combo. The Pea Jacket never goes out of style. But it seems with Louis's clothes the majority of his designs are classics and survive the fashion raves that come and go.

Oh no - your description of the raspberry is very tempting....

Trusted Contributor

So tell me, who has purchased the skirt itself and how do you like it? Dreading our next winter, which is supposed to be another mess of wretched vortex weather and snow. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor

What a nice jacket. I do love that Persian blue color. I just might have to pick it up, it depends on what the fabric content is. I doubt that it's 100% wool, but if it has enough wool to be warm during the warmer winter days, I'm definitely interested.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Topaz Gem said:

What a nice jacket. I do love that Persian blue color. I just might have to pick it up, it depends on what the fabric content is. I doubt that it's 100% wool, but if it has enough wool to be warm during the warmer winter days, I'm definitely interested.

Hi Topaz Gem...Louis has info on his website stating 60% poly and 40% wool. That blend should give structure and warmth without being too heavy and stiff. If you get a chance on cable they are showing a special documentary on GUCCI and for this winter, pea jackets are everywhere. With faded worn jeans and big scarfs; all black with white turtlenecks and black gloves; very simple and so chic. They show a deep mauve pink jacket with gray bow blouse, pearls and long gray skirt, looks so feminine. (Made me think of Louis's raspberry worn with all gray). We've got to have at least one pea jacket this winter. So basic and yet so timeless. I have Louis's pea jacket in black with gold buttons from seasons past and wear with winter white turtleneck (now his new posh knit) and winter white trousers. Looks so current even though I've had several years now. Great investment...

Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 PilatesLover said:

So tell me, who has purchased the skirt itself and how do you like it? Dreading our next winter, which is supposed to be another mess of wretched vortex weather and snow. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Hi PilatesLover...I have this skirt in all colors and an extra black. I love this skirt. I reviewed last year and this was my last winter's and will be my this winter's default skirt. I am 5'6" and bought this in small. I could have worn medium also. Hits me at top of my ankles. I wear with clogs or boots. The way the skirt gently widens as it lengthens keeps this skirt from looking frumpy and being too much fabric. If you have a chance to read the reviews comments are this skirt makes one look taller and thinner. It is a very comfortable skirt. I currently live in GA and there is no way I could wear this in the summer; it would be too hot. The only issue with the design of this skirt is there is no zipper but the waistband is a wide contour with mesh stretch. I find pulling over my head is easier than trying to step in. This is one of my all time favorite skirts. I am buying the new v neck casual tunic sweater to wear with this skirt. All of Louis's Ponte Knit jackets match the colors offered in this skirt.