Valued Contributor

Apologizing for the "dumb" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

Obviously these passed me by as a fashion statement somewhere while I was raising my 6 kids and moving through middle life.

Exactly how does a hip - but in this case ignorant - grandmother of 16 wear these leggings for maximum comfort and modesty ~ but still wear them "correctly"?

Someone asked about wearing them under shorter dresses.....If you do, how do you cover up the exposed skin at the ankle? Wear a bootie with them, or a sock over them, or what??? I definitely will NOT be wearing them with tunics, so to what other uses might they be put that are comfortable but expand my style repertoire? And don't conjure up "crazy old lady" images? If I get some, I want to wear them "right". Or should a plus size 5'7" grandmother just pass these by? We're heading to Europe for several weeks during the Christmas season and I've been wondering if these add any warmth. Would they work under jeans? Or just be confine-ingly uncomfortable?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Apologizing for the ""dumb"" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

I wear mine with tunics but since you stated you don't want to wear them that way, I would wear a boyfriend length cardigan over them with a cute tank underneath and long necklace. I don't know about wearing them under a dress.... I'm 55 and think that look is a bit juvenile for my age, but that's just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Re: Apologizing for the ""dumb"" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

I am 68 and wear a 1X in pants, and kept my Linea leggings all of 2 seconds after trying them on (I was swayed by the entire world wearing leggings and tunics....), seeing myself in a full length mirror, and with great alarm putting them in the bag to return. Honestly, sometimes the trends are just not worth it. When I was thin and young and wore trendy things I would have loved these. Well, maybe "liked" them.

I look fine in jeans, skirts and tights, trousers with some ease. These were hilariously awful.

Super Contributor

Not a dumb question at all.

The ONLY place I wear leggings is when I work out at the YMCA. I'm sorry, but at 58 and although I've lost 47 (!!) pounds I look pretty good in them, they are just not ME.

I see gals my age with them on and I honestly just roll my eyes. No can do.

Honored Contributor

On 9/17/2014 LDOlvr said:

Not a dumb question at all.

The ONLY place I wear leggings is when I work out at the YMCA. I'm sorry, but at 58 and although I've lost 47 (!!) pounds I look pretty good in them, they are just not ME.

I see gals my age with them on and I honestly just roll my eyes. No can do.

Congratulations on the 47 pounds. That is a lot of hard work!

I am tall and relatively thin. Look good in jeans (or I would not wear them) but I seldom see anyone over 20 where I live in leggings. I think it is a look for the very young and I also think you need thin legs to look good in them.

Super Contributor

i guess this is a really good question..

Trusted Contributor

If your'e not going to wear with tunics, I'm at a loss, too for suggestions. I am a granmother to four and like to think I still have some fun style left in me! I plan on wearing these with tunics and ballet flats and accessorizing with a long necklace. I'll also wear with a WK boyfriend sweater but probably only at home as that will show more of me than the general public would want or needs to see of me ! These are so comfy that I can easily see them becoming my new "uniform". I ordered using the size chart and found the fit to be perfect. Hopefully others will be able to come up with suggestions as how to wear these that fit into your lifestyle and comfort level. As to whether to wear under jeans, I wouldn't, but that's just my personal preference. Good luck and congrats on the weight loss!
Esteemed Contributor

Just had a friend return from Europe (Germany, England, France and Italy). She said almost all the women she saw were wearing yoga style pants and leggings. She was in larger cities and said she was surprised at the casual clothing she saw as that had not been her experience on prior visits.

On the how to wear leggings...IMO, you do need to wear a top that comes down mid thigh and you will probably feel more comfortable in darker colored leggings. I wear my leggings both over the top of my ankle boots and tucked into my ankle boots. My boots are the same color as my leggings (black).

You say you don't want to wear w/ tunics...but IMO, to wear them 'correctly' for age and size, a tunic length top is essential...can be a sweater, a shirt and anorak jacket...but something to cover the rear end and the front (for modesty).

The other option would be to just wear some nice ponte knit straight leg pants. That style is way more forgiving and you still have the 'look' of a closer to the body pant, without feeling uncomfortable.

Good luck...have fun...and no one will really care what you wear on your trip but you!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I live in leggings and tunics everyday. In winter it's a thermal shirt one of those long skinny tees under it and a vest or a nice cozy fleece D&Co top.

If I'm going out to dinner or something it is a BF jacket and tanks or a nice long necklace with a white button down shirt looks great.

Boots, a ballet slipper or clogs on my feet sandels in summer. If I could still walk in heels I'd wear them too.

I'm even game for a certain kind of dress or skirt with my leggings.

BTW I am 77

Honored Contributor

...on my legs. They just didn't look right when I wore them on my head.