Valued Contributor

Pinstriped Slacks and Jacket

Just posted and ready to order..................

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pinstriped Slacks and Jacket

Thanks ... passing on the jacket; will get the black/silver pants.

Edit: Actually, I ordered both colors.

Respected Contributor

Yay!! Ordering the pants in black...Thanks for posting!

Trusted Contributor

Item numbers----A259098 and A259099 for pants. A259095 for jacket.

Super Contributor

Was there a sneak peek for these?
Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 yarnaholic1963 said: Was there a sneak peek for these?

I was wondering the same thing myself. I do not think so.

Honored Contributor

Only the pinstriped trousers over some top.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Someone requested on Louis's blog for a sneak peak as there has not been one in the past. I look at his blog almost every day for sneak peaks. He gives such good ideas for accessorizing, etc. as well as showing off his designs. His blog is a must if you are interested in his clothing on QVC. QVC photo's without video's do not do his clothing justice.

Super Contributor

byzantine1

I’ve been scooped again!…..This time not only gODFREAKo scooped me, but QVC has already posted the pictures of the NEW PINSTRIPE JACKET, A259095, and the NEW PINSTRIPE PANT. The style numbers for the pant are, A259098 for reg. length, and A259099 for petites. Above, is the….NAVY….. PINSTRIPE SUIT…..I have been wanting to do a PINSTRIPE JACKET & PANT for years!!! I truly believe a well tailored pinstripe suit is a necessary addition to any well dressed woman’s wardrobe, and this is the year of the PINSTRIPE SUIT……Many Pinstripes have recently walked the runways of designers here and in Europe, and they have started to show up in the Fashion Magazines. It’s the intriguing mix of MASCULINE/FEMININE that designers such as myself, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, YSL, Jil Sander, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Mark Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Dolce & Gabanna etc. etc. have been playing with for years…….The PINSTRIPE SUIT goes right along with the PEA JACKET……………both classics………….both ICONIC……………………………..

There are many classic details to this jacket, and all of the major measurements should be listed on the Linea site. I would call this jacket a SEMI fit. The fabric is a poly/rayon/span blend like many of my gaberdine solid fabrics. It has a three button front and one button on each sleeve, but there isn’t a button hole on the sleeve so it will be very easy to shorten if need be. I prefer that only the top two buttons are buttoned, or the center button….if you button it at all, but that is up to you. The jacket has a flap on each side and a working pocket. It is fully lined in a beautiful satin. The front has body seams and a body dart to give the right shaping. The back has the same body seams and a center back seam. If you would like it to be even more fitted, with all the seaming, a good tailor should have no trouble. There are shoulder pads to give it that tailored menswear look. It does say on the label “machine wash cold”, but I always recommend any well tailored jacket should be dry cleaned. They have the industrial machines to give the jacket a good press. The jacket is approx. 25 inches long for the xs, and it is NUMERICALLY SIZED for a more exacting and custom fit…….Pinstripes NEVER go out of style and can be utilized in many ways……as above, with the matching pant, and the new PALE BLUE COTTON/SPAN WING COLLAR SHIRT, A259103……a fabulous addition to your Linea shirt collection….For a more relaxed yet sophisticated look…. add the LINEA SILK & CASHMERE IVORY TN A83962, or the new SHIRT COLLARED WK SWEATER, A257383.You can even layer upon the cotton shirt with a vest or tank….. Add leggings or jeans for more casual outings. BTW…The shirt is coming this month……………..The PINSTRIPE TROUSER has all of the classic details, and they are also NUMERICALLY SIZED!……A ZIPPER & BUTTON FRONT, and the TROUSER SLANT POCKETS give the perfect attitude.. The pant has a contour waist band for a comfort fit. The front waist band is flat, while the back has a full elastic. When it’s on the body the back smooths out. The bottom leg opening on the half is approx. 8 inches……for me a classic pant leg…. The details given on the Linea site for the trouser states that the pant is an ankle pant……IT IS NOT AN ANKLE PANT!!! As you can see by the measurement given by QVC it is much longer than an ankle pant…………..I LOVE PINSTRIPE pants……they are just as useful as a pair of solid navy or black pants!….Mix them with other pattern tops, and all of your sweaters. Almost anything you could wear a solid navy pant with you could put with a NAVY PINSTRIPE PANT ……from leather or suede jackets to WK sweaters to HOODIES…………………..Now you see the reason for the PINSTRIPE TIGHTS, A260031, in the NAVY and BLACK……..Wear the Pinstripe jacket with the matching Trousers, or a short skirt, a HIGH HEELED PUMP, a beautiful FLAT SKIMMER…..and to complete the look……PINSTRIPE TIGHTS……This will give you a very pulled together look without any fuss………………….To accessorize…..my new THREE STRAND IVORY PEARL NECKLACE, J296624, and the matching OBLONG IVORY PEARL EARRING, J296890……………..MASCULINE/FEMININE…………………You will definitely have fun wearing these Pinstripe pieces and you will probably surprise yourselves how many times you reach for the TROUSERS!………………. ………………….I LOVE a woman in a PINSTRIPE SUIT……………………..Talk about Hollywood GLAMOR!……………………………………………..

byzantine2

It’s all about VERSATILITY!…………….FALL is upon us with winter ahead, and after a full season of wearing your new PINSTRIPE SUIT, there is no reason to store it away……..Continue to wear you suit right through SPRING and SUMMER. Perhaps you may want to change it up with the NEW COTTON/SPAN WING COLLARED SHIRT in PALE PINK, A259103, and a pair of IVORY CREPE TROUSERS, A253576……Add the Pink stone/Ivory pearl and gold bead necklace, J287999, that is recently back in stock….for that play of MASCULINE /FEMININE. Then layer, the soon to come, reversible CRYSTAL/PEARL cross, and add the soon to come crystal shrimp earring…………………..Wear your NAVY PINSTRIPE JACKET as you would a navy blazer……………wear your NAVY PINSTRIPE TROUSERS as you would your solid navy pants…and they will work for YOU.

byzantine3

THE BLACK PINSTRIPE JACKET & TROUSER………in a word…………..CHIC………..The Wing collar shirt in WHITE…..is the perfect compliment. The TRIPLE STRAND GRAY PEARL NECKLACE with the GUNMETAL SPACER BEADS and the GRAY PEARL EARRING are PERFECT with the Black Pinstripe…………….The CHERRY on the cake…..the NEW GRAY PEARL/HEMATITE and GUNMETAL PIN, J296894……..

Really…..is there a better way to look ? I don’t think so……

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm ... rethinking the jackets now that I see how Louis has styled them. {That pic on the Q site is just awful.) And most of us already own the Kate shirts (although I don't have the pink).