Honored Contributor

Who Has The Pale Sand Crepe Blazer W Pearl Buttons?

I found that I was not wearing the pale sand crepe blazer (A213215), you can see the exact color on the video; and I went to the local fabric store and bought new buttons for the blazer. I also changed the buttons on the black and the pale lavender blazer too.

These are the buttons I bought:
/></p>

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

Re: Who Has The Pale Sand Crepe Blazer W Pearl Buttons?

I have the sand and the black. Changed the buttons on both, more low key, more flexibility.
Honored Contributor

This is what I changed the black blazer buttons to:

The lavender blazer got these:

Honored Contributor

It is amazing what just changing buttons can do. Bet they look great. I did not purchase those jackets probably because of the pearl buttons.

Respected Contributor

I have the pale sand jacket also. What a good idea to change out the buttons. I also have not been wearing this jacket, because I thought it looked too "dressy".

I have tons of buttons I've accumulated over the years when I was sewing clothes. I'll check first to see if I have any buttons I could use. Otherwise, I'll check Joann Fabrics for the buttons you mention.

Since it's getting quite cool where I live, I just might wait until next spring to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

I changed the buttons on several of my ponte peplum jackets so they wouldn't look so much alike, but it never occurred to me to change the buttons on this one. Probably because I really do love those pearl buttons, and they do look beautiful with the jacket - BUT I haven't worn the jacket much either. I'm going to check out the buttons at JoAnn's & Hancock's fabrics. Thanks for the great idea!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Girls, save those pearl buttons in your button box---they may work on something else when you want to make it dressy---even for one occasion! They are very good buttons. I've often changed buttons, too. Such an easy thing to do for a totally different look.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I think I'll try to sell my pale sand crepe blazer with the pearl buttons, rather than replace the buttons. I have way too many blazers/jackets. I wore them all the time when I was working, but I dress more casually now. I only wore this blazer once or twice.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Sheesh said:

Girls, save those pearl buttons in your button box---they may work on something else when you want to make it dressy---even for one occasion! They are very good buttons. I've often changed buttons, too. Such an easy thing to do for a totally different look.

I have done exactly that-- I have them in a small plastic bag in my sewing box.

Trusted Contributor

I remember Louis saying that he designed the blazer to go with the buttons! I'm leaving the pearl buttons on my Ivory colorway of this jacket, the only colorway I have. I don't wear it all that often. But it is nice to be able to pull out a dressier jacket when the occasion calls for it. These are expensive buttons!

Louis recommends this source for buttons. http://www.mjtrim.com/. I'm still going back and forth about changing the buttons on last year's herringbone jacket for leather ones.