Super Contributor

Sneak peek -- New Pea Jacket A259261

pea jacket4

I have been wanting to do a PEA JACKET for years, and I finally convinced the buyers this was the RIGHT TIME!…..but….before I showed it to them I had to make sure everything was the way I wanted it…..from the FABRIC to the BUTTON……………..PEA JACKETS or SAILOR JACKETS are ICONIC, and have been around for centuries. Pea Jackets are TIMELESS and AGELESS. They have become an AMERICAN sportswear staple……an ESSENTIAL…..You can find them in Army Navy stores or in the most expensive designer boutiques costing thousands of dollars. I have already seen Pea jackets showing up in the newest fall fashion magazines…..a definite trend……for me they are always “IN”……………..The ULTIMATE PEA JACKET, A259261, is made in a blend of….60% polyester and 40% wool…..It is DRY CLEAN ONLY…….The surface of the fabric looks like a very fine brushed boucle…..actually, it looks and feels very much like a BOILED wool. It has the substance that is needed for all of the tailoring and details that this jacket has…..Starting at the shoulder there is a front yoke with epaulettes and a button. Of course it is DOUBLE BREASTED which all real pea jackets are. The COLLAR and LAPEL are perfectly proportioned, and have a modern yet classic look. The collar itself has a “half moon stand”, the sign of a well executed collar. There are PRINCESS SEAMS front and back with INSEAM POCKETS, and a beautiful TOP STITCH DETAIL to reinforce the wear and tear the pockets will surely get……….The BUTTONS are DTM [dyed to match]. These are my new SIGNATURE BUTTONS with “LINEA” etched into the center portion of the button……It is very discreet, and a type of button you see on many designer lines….from POLO to GUCCI…..The back, besides the princess seams, has a center back seam with a VENT which is another classic detail on all real Pea Jackets. The jacket is fully lined in SATIN. The jacket is also beautifully top stitched to accent all of the details…………The length of the jacket is approx 29 inches long for the XS…a true Pea JACKET length…….The “FIT”….Some of you may have seen Jac wearing this jacket with the Ponte Knit maxi skirt and the Posh Knit turtleneck, both in Walnut, during one of the resent presentations for the maxi skirt. I asked Jac to tell me how she felt the jacket fit in her correct size which is XS. After much thought she said it was close to a Brick & Mortar size jacket. I would say this jacket is between a semi fit and a fitted jacket….Remember Jac is 5’10?…..PEA JACKETS were meant to fit close to the body to protect sailors from the elements, you do not want a baggy or boxy Pea Jacket….that’s why I said at the very beginning that “everything had to be just right….the fabric the details and the FIT”…… For most of you your normal size will be perfect. For those of you with body issues please check the measurements. I’m sure they will work for the majority of you. For my PLUS ladies…..please remember all plus clothes are fit separately on a 1X model, so even though the “look” will be the same, the fit is done for you. Jac always wears an XS in Linea, and a size 6 in B&M stores, and she LOVES the way this jacket fits…..actually, so do all the models…the jacket is sized SML…….It has designer look to it….a youthful look………This is the perfect GO TO jacket. Jeans and a sweater will be your everyday uniform…..or my new SUPER PONTE LEGGING and my new TURTLENECK, as shown above….The maxi skirt, or a short pencil skirt with a pair of my tights will take you to the office or dinner…..the possibilities are endless………..As I said before…..this is a JACKET for EVERYONE….teenage girls, college age women, and everyone above………This would make an incredible present for someone special or a well deserved treat for yourself…………………….this is not a jacket to pass…..for me a must have………………………………………………………………………….

pea jacket3

…………………………….Your second choice is………………CAMEL…………..There are lots of different camels in the photos above….the deepest camel is the most correct. If you own anything in the CAMEL POSH KNIT, such as the TURTLENECK, A83962, above or maybe the POSH KNIT SCARF…the colors are perfect together. If you were lucky enough to get the CAMEL PANT from last fall you can achieve that “column of color”….. It doesn’t get much CLASSIER than this…..a CAMEL PEA COAT….a CAMEL TN ….a CAMEL pair of TROUSERS and a CAMEL SILK/CASHMERE SCARF…..this is my vision of how I want to see women dress….no gimmicks….no fads…….just beautiful clothes……………………………………………………….enjoy………………….much Love………………………………….Louis

pea jacket2

RASPBERRY……………..is the third choice in the PEA JACKET, A259261………………..Some of you already have the FUNNEL NECK WK SWEATER, A259109, in the RASPBERRY…..and some of you who were thinking ahead already own the RASPBERRY WK SHAWL, A259111……you’re almost ready for fall! I think this is a very unique and special color…..a color that will give you your own special LOOK……………A pair of Jeans and my new COTTON/SPAN WING COLLAR SHIRT, A259103, shown above in the PALE PINK [avail this month], is a wonderful Saturday way to dress when you have plans to go to the Farmer’s market or to all the Flea markets and tag sales that are fun Fall destinations. When it really gets chilly don’t forget your RASPBERRY SHAWL for some added cozy protection………………………………………..enjoy………………………..much Love…………………….Louis

pea jacket5

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak peek -- New Pea Jacket A259261

Thanks for the heads up---I'm in for the Raspberry!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I hope to either get the blue or the raspberry pea coat. I wonder when they will be available to purchase. I need to get rid of several of my coats, however, to make room for a new one. I think this the pea coat will be great for me, since it can be worn casually (which I need).

Respected Contributor

Doing the happy dance. Love this coat. And even though it has wool, it is lined with satin & I will be wearing it over a sweater or blouse, so no problem for me.

I love the raspberry. Well, I love all of the colors actually. But I have gray, navy, and black winter pants that will all go with that raspberry.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Big decision for me between the blue and the raspberry. Love both!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful jacket...Persian Blue for me.

Esteemed Contributor

The blue is so appealing to me. Just worried about how short it is...and about how the double breasted buttons would look on my full busted self.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 pitdakota said:

But I have gray, navy, and black winter pants that will all go with that raspberry.

Don't forget Winter White/Ivory...and I think Raspberry will also work with the Hunter Green---even the right shade of Camel-Taupe, could work.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I so don't need another coat........I so want either the blue or black. Darn it!!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I SO love the look of this coat... I will order up the Raspberry or the Blue!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~