Honored Contributor

See You in September Wearing Linea!

Went to a BBQ today wearing the feather jersey hemp pants and a Worthington JCP scoop neck cap sleeve top in dark brown; Naturalizer Cooper sandals in black and Brighton Seville hoop earrings, matching cross and matching bracelet.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: See You in September Wearing Linea!

Thanks, Jazz, for starting the September thread!

I've been busy doing the Kitchn Cure tasks for the day, plus doing some cooking/baking.

My ankle is a bit better today (but bruised), so I cleaned and organized under the sink (this was a lot of work, but a friend helped me!). When I'm done cooking, I'll clean the sink and faucet really well.

I'm fixing baked pork chops with onions and vermouth (a recipe from a friend/neighbor), baked salmon, baked sweet potatoes, and apple crisp.

I'm wearing the Linea black walking shorts with a 3/4 sleeve Chico's top (red, white, blue and gold with stars -- in honor of Labor Day!).

Hope all of you have a great Labor Day!

Linea by Louis DellOlio Stretch Cotton Walking Shorts

Super Contributor

SmileOMG. Lyn, can I come to your house for Christmas dinner? Brings back memories, my mom used to make stuffed pork chops (not for Christmas but anytime) that had the same cornbread dressing she put in the turkey for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Every Sunday we had fried chicken, mixed green vegetables, mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits and strawberry jam, and something like bread pudding or pound cake (because it was a pound of butter and a pound of flour, etc.) and home made ice cream, or something like that for dessert.

Not boasting, but I can cook Christmas dinner from scratch including the turkey with dressing and giblet gravy, croissants, beets with sour cream and onion, orange noodles, orange, carrot and pineapple ring mold, ham with cloves and glaze topping, salad, vegies, it goes on. My mom taught me, but I never nailed the desserts, homemade German chocolate cake, fresh coconut and pineapple cake and of course, sweet potato pie.

I really hope your ankle gets well, what happened?

Respected Contributor

luv luv to shop: My mouth is watering as I read what both you and your mother cooked for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Maybe we think of this type of food because the weather is changing a bit, and fall will be here soon.

I mostly cook for myself now, and I make my own freezer meals. I don't like store-bought frozen dinners. I like to make soups and stews also.

Thanks for asking about my ankle. I must have pulled a tendon at the back of my ankle (I heard something snap) when I bent down to take several frying pans off the bottom shelf of my butcher block table. The pans were quite heavy, and I should have removed them a couple at a time. It was a stupid thing I did, and I'm paying for it now. It seems somewhat better now, but I'm being really careful.

Esteemed Contributor

This week feels more like July than September. I'm keeping my pebble crepes and cottons in rotation while I gaze longingly at my pile of WK!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

You two Foodee Ladies Smiley Wink , Lyn08 and luv luv to shop, are women after my own heart. I've been making yummy home made soups and stews and bottling and freezing them for several weeks now. Homemade cheeseburger soup, chicken noodle with chunks of chicken breast, hearty beef stew, cheese soup, corn chowder & bacon, cream of broccoli etc and soon butternut squash soup. Beef stew this week. It gets to be this time of year and I want quick homemade delicious meals I can grab and prepare for DH and myself when the winds howl and the snow falls. A family fav ~ sour cream casserole already disappeared from the freezer. All summer I've been making up homemade tomato sauces from our garden tomatoes, blanching and freezing in vacumn pack bags our garden green beans, peas, corn and what squash we didn't eat or share. Pumpkins are up next and we hope, before the snow flies, watermelon and cantaloupe. And then the Fall cooking really gets going in earnest Smiley Wink But I never make anything right now but that part of it isn't carefully prepared for the freezer for later. That's what I call comfort food on several levels Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

TheOwl: Oh my, I'm getting hungry just reading about the soups and stew you have made, or are making. I have some sour cream I need to use up, and would like a casserole recipe. Do you ever post your recipes on the QVC Food forum?

I make chicken vegetable soup, Neighborhood Bean Soup, broccoli cheese soup and chili, but the other soups you mention sound so good.

I have so many cookbooks (over 50), but my tried and true recipes are in my recipe box. I need to sell or donate many of the cookbooks I never use, or haven't used in many years. I enjoy reading cookbooks like I do novels and other books.

Today, my task is to clean the kitchen garbage can. Luckily, I cleaned the inside of the can when I found small bugs inside (from fruit). I also thoroughly cleaned my kitchen sink and faucet (didn't complete that task yesterday). I've been following the daily tasks from Kitchn Cure.

I'm wearing the turquoise Linea walking shorts and a Chico's 3/4 sleeve top with turquoise earrings (that my cousin made for me) and Bixby jewelry (chain and charm).

Linea by Louis DellOlio Stretch Cotton Walking Shorts

Respected Contributor

On 9/2/2014 gardensla said:

This week feels more like July than September. I'm keeping my pebble crepes and cottons in rotation while I gaze longingly at my pile of WK!

Same here--we have warm temps in the Rocky Mountains, but it's very cool at night! Wore my black pebble crepe top over a flowey long skirt in black/taupe ikat print. Black t-strap sandals. Gold hoops. New, (marked down!!) Kate Spade black patent tote.

Super Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Lyn08 said:

luv luv to shop: My mouth is watering as I read what both you and your mother cooked for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Maybe we think of this type of food because the weather is changing a bit, and fall will be here soon.

I mostly cook for myself now, and I make my own freezer meals. I don't like store-bought frozen dinners. I like to make soups and stews also.

Thanks for asking about my ankle. I must have pulled a tendon at the back of my ankle (I heard something snap) when I bent down to take several frying pans off the bottom shelf of my butcher block table. The pans were quite heavy, and I should have removed them a couple at a time. It was a stupid thing I did, and I'm paying for it now. It seems somewhat better now, but I'm being really careful.

Please be careful. This is a sensitive area that can cause a lot of discomfort. I've had problems too. Take care! Yesterday, wore my Indigo denim dress and gold fish necklace, meeting clients.

Super Contributor

Today, White denim vest sleeveless, denim skirt, DVF wooden wedge nude sandals, BM vanilla tote bag with chain handles, Michael Dawkins white topaz stud earrings.

Tonight I'm feeling stir fry with chicken breast, snow peas, water chestnut, grated fresh ginger and sweet teriyaki drizzled over, fried rice and sautéed shrimp.