Trusted Contributor

Anybody else organizing closets this weekend?

I'm watching reruns of last fall's Linea collection on my DVR, getting some inspiration. I'm doing purses, shoes and boots. The hardest to part with for me.

I photograph all my shoes, boots and purses and put the photos on the boxes/sleeper bags so I can find everything easier.

It's always like Christmas when you get to dark corners of the closet!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else organizing closets this weekend?

Me.

How did you guess?

I am in a "simplify, simplify" mood, it seems.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Goldie76 said:

Me.

How did you guess?

I'm with you, Goldie. Have waaaaaay too much stuff. But I never want to let anything go!

Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:
On 8/30/2014 Goldie76 said:

Me.

How did you guess?

I'm with you, Goldie. Have waaaaaay too much stuff. But I never want to let anything go!

I am the same way, too, on that score. Believe it or not, I have some of my "baby jewelry" (up to age 5), but I also have a wonderful chain link goldtone bracelet with a lion-headed disc on it that I purchased when I was 15. And I know you are all bored to tears with my tale of those silk scarves bought 45 years ago in Rome. If I like it, I keep it. There is also my emerald ring my parents gave me for high school graduation.

Heaven knows I have so many sweaters, shawls and scarves -- plus skirts -- that I never wear. There are many that I am not even attracted to now, since meeting up with the Linea line; therefore, I am going to weed out those items and donate them.

Contributor

I have accumulated many pieces of Linea and hesitate to give them away because Louis often pulls from his previous designs and pairs them with the new things. I have a lot of St. John from years past that I find hard to part with. However, many of those pieces will need alterations to make them more current--even though much of St. John is timeless, shoulders, etc. need tweaking (and those alterations are expensive). But a bulging closet is not efficient; would love to pare down. Decisions!

Valued Contributor

Nope crdlb : We're seal-coating our 600 foot long driveway and walkway to the front farmer porch today. I stole 5 minutes to be in the house away from poor DH who is beginning to realize he is NOT going to get a second coat in before dark.....

Have fun organizing Smiley Happy My favorite thing.

Frequent Contributor

I am! I do an extensive purge/organzation twice a year and always at the end of summer. This year, I am forcing myself to make some hard decisions. At one time, prior to Linea, I was really into CAbi and while I still like the things I have, I haven't worn much of it (besides a few jackets).

I have found that a closet full of things that don't fit, I don't love and never wear, is an exercise in frustration.

So, yesterday, I pulled out EVERYTHING, putting back only the things that I love, fit and wear... I had a HUGE pile left over. This was an eye opener. Today, I am sorting though the leftover pile. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

I've gone through most of my fall/winter items already, and made one trip to a consignment store. I also donated 3 shopping bags full of clothes. I listed some of the best items on Linea Lovers.

However, I have way too many coats. Many are Dennis Basso faux furs that I bought before I stopped working. I have to take those to consignment also, as soon as they will take winter items (sometime in September). It's just hard, because some I've never worn, or only worn once or twice. I need more casual clothes now. I'll still keep a couple (few?) faux furs to wear when the weather gets really cold.

Esteemed Contributor

If you call the garage a closet, then I am. I do actually park my truck there but it needed a little straightening up (oh so too does the truck - the cab has become a bit of a storage shed).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I should be. Maybe will do it on Monday.