Valued Contributor

Wow! Have never seen a worse color capture than the photos of "nutmeg"

Just received the midcalf WK skirt ~ A257384 ~ and the open-front WK cardigan ~ A257376 ~ both in nutmeg, and I'm almost speechless. If I only received one of these items at once, I would think that somehow I got a wrong color. This nutmeg, sitting next to me here at the computer desk is not remotely "orangey" as it shows up on my computer in the pictures of this item. To be fair, the pictures at the Linea blog come in about the same.

I've never had this happen before. I've purchased a lot of Linea over the years and I've never seen a color picture so far off what this color actually is. It matches the name. Sprinkle some nutmeg on the counter and you have this color exactly. Because, with blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin, I don't "do" orange well - I hesitated a l-o-n-g time before deciding to go ahead and order these two items. I LOVE the color and will have no trouble whatsoever wearing it and mixing and matching it with my existing wardrobe. This turns out to be a "happy" surprise and I'm thrilled I purchased these two items in nutmeg!

PS, I do not have an older computer or monitor. "Microsoft" son keeps me in the current and latest. Also compared this with DH work computer where the images also look "orangey".....

Respected Contributor

Re: Wow! Have never seen a worse color capture than the photos of ""nutmeg""

TheOwl, I felt the same way about this color--too orangey--and it was crossed off my list. We have the same coloring, so I'm off to order up some nutmeg.

These new colors don't translate well on any screen, for some reason--even the petrol blue is not nearly as bright in person. Delighted with that one, as well.

Trusted Contributor

I took a risk on the nutmeg in the open front cardigan and immediately ordered the skirt, the zip front cardigan and will get the wk scarf, too. It's a beautiful shade of golden brown and I think would be friendly to a lot of different colorings.

I have brown hair with red undertones, blue eyes and very pink skin tone. I cannot wear solid oranges next to my face without looking like an Oompaloompah.

Valued Contributor

I've been having some FUN matching up this Nutmeg - this totally NOT orange color - with other things in the wardrobe and I am going to LOVE this color this winter.

One example ~ if you have the brown feather print skirt - A227580 - or top - (I have the skirt) - you may never have noticed.......there's some nutmeg in that skirt Smiley Happy

This is just TOO fun! Lots of great combos either with the skirt or with the cardigan or the zip cardigan in this color. And yup, I'll be getting that WK scarf in this color also Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

TheOwl-- do you think that the nutmeg is tonally close to topaz? That was the shawl collar WK sweater of last year. I think its very close in color to that-- ignore the Q photos!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

JJM: Since I never purchased the topaz item ~ another one crossed of MY list because all the photos show it very orangey ~ so I can't speak to that.

I just dumped a bunch of nutmeg on the counter, or you could do it onto a white plate, and while nutmeg the spice has some dark flecks in it, the majority of it is the color of this skirt and open front cardi. I'm wracking my brain for another analogy. I like what crdlb said about it being a "golden brown" but that too is hard to capture and communicate.

I think my initial take when I pulled the items out of the black-tire-tracked QVC bag was - "hey this is BROWN, not ORANGE! I can DO brown!" My next thought was "more rust-like" but that too is really subjective. So my Shilling brand nutmeg is still my best universal descriptor Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

The topaz looked a deep gold on all my computers, ipad, and tv. In reality it is much browner than I expected. I like the color but I admit to being a bit disappointed with it. I guess some colors just do not photograph well. This has happened with some LOGO as well.
Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 JustJazzmom said:

TheOwl-- do you think that the nutmeg is tonally close to topaz? That was the shawl collar WK sweater of last year. I think its very close in color to that-- ignore the Q photos!

It is, yes. I bought the nutmeg skirt & zip sweater & immediately tried them on with the topaz herringbone jacket. The jacket is a shade or 2 darker, but looks very good with these new pieces.

Valued Contributor

Anyone have the items number for the ""topaz herringbone jacket""?

Honored Contributor

On 8/29/2014 TheOwl said:

Anyone have the items number for the ""topaz herringbone jacket""?

A229475 and it is sold out in the topaz color.

Try A236139 in the topaz color with that skirt.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼