Frequent Contributor

Are these colors close or do they clash? Does anyone have both the new raspberry WK sweater and the aubergine tights? I bought the sweater and now I'm wondering if I should get the tights! TIA!

Honored Contributor

Item number please?

Without seeing, to me raspberry is in the red family and Aubergine is in the purple family.

Frequent Contributor

Linea by Louis DellOlio Funnel Neck SweaterA259109

Linea Body by Louis DellOlio Solid Opaque TightsA260016

Respected Contributor
I bought the raspberry funnel neck and I own the aubergine v neck. I also broke down and ordered the mahogany collared sweater. To my eye, in indoor lighting, I read the raspberry as reddish plum, the aubergine as a rusty dark red, and the mahogany as a very dark reddish brown. (So much for the two purchase limit this season!)
Honored Contributor

In the picture they look really close in color. If you are wearing them next to each other, I think it will have two different colors instead of a matching color.

I'm not very much help.

Frequent Contributor
On 8/21/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

In the picture they look really close in color. If you are wearing them next to each other, I think it will have two different colors instead of a matching color.

I'm not very much help.

I agree with you; I don't think they will work next to each other....but with a black skirt between the sweater and the tights, for instance...maybe that will work?? Hopefully someone who has ordered both items will comment!

Valued Contributor

Wildrose: What a pretty name Smiley Happy Louis responded to this question on his blog. He said that no, the various shades including magenta, mahogany, aubergine, raspberry etc (there were more I think) are best shown off as an ACCENT color but they honestly do not really sing with one another. So you might consider keeping your raspberry sweater with the raspberry shawl and your aubergine tights as an accent or with the aubergine turtleneck from years gone by.

Honored Contributor
On 8/21/2014 Wild Rose said:
On 8/21/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

I'm not very much help.

I agree with you; I don't think they will work next to each other....but with a black skirt between the sweater and the tights, for instance...maybe that will work?? Hopefully someone who has ordered both items will comment!

Rose, I have both items, and I acknowledge that Louis has the keenest eye for color of anyone. I always agree with him. However, I wondered -- just like you -- if a dark skirt between the two pieces might help them to get along. There is no question that beside each other they do not work, but I think with the skirt between, it will look as though you are pulling off a somewhat tonal look. In my mind's eye, I can see such a look in the fashion magazines. There would be no mistaking that you know the two do not match, but you are pulling them together, perhaps with a scarf with mixed wines/raspberries in it.

Valued Contributor

Agreed on that Goldie. I did not include this but was also wondering about just showing an ankle worth under a longer black skirt and if they could be worn and look right distanced in that way. But I do not know Wildrose's height and since I could pull it off with my height I didn't offer the suggestion. Thank you for adding that. Besides, Louis always does say "play with your wardrobe." Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Goldie and Owl! That is just the information I wanted! I'm 5'8" by the way, and have various length skirts. I think I will buy the aubergine tights and "play with my wardrobe" as you remind us of what Louis always says!