Trusted Contributor

Linea Silk Stand Collar Tunic Question

Ladies, I see this item on "E" and wonder if anyone has it? It looks like a style that would work for me. The description doesn't state what kind of silk or how to care for it. Do any of you have it? I'm betting it was sold on Q at one time. It has sort of a safari style to it. Is it lightweight or more substantial? Handwash or dryclean?

BTW, my first Linea orders are out for delivery today!!!! Ponte Knit Pants, Funnel Neck Sweaters, WK Elbow Sleeve Sweater, and a WK Turtleneck. But it's still summer and I thought the Stand Collar Tunic might be a good transitional item.

Excited to try this line!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Linea Silk Stand Collar Tunic Question

If it's what I think you are referring to, the weight of this blouse is medium and I suggest you go up a size. I think the waist has some elastic in it so a very "blousy" effect is created on the upper body.

Valued Contributor

I have every silk blouse Louis has sold on QVC (about 50 of them) and they are all dry clean only. If you will describe what the fabric pattern looks like and the colors I can check for you. I know this would make it too easy but is the Q item number mentioned? I never remove the tag that has the item number listed underneath.

Respected Contributor

Ask seller for the item number? Should be on the otherside of care tag?
Trusted Contributor

If you are talking about the silk tunic that comes in navy and green on ebay from TOA, that one is a washed silk and I do launder mine. It's an oldie but a goodie! I think it was called the equipment (?) style. A89353 is the style number on mine. It says dry clean only, but I use Dryel and steam the wrinkles out.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you to all! Yes, crdlb, that's the one. I should have included the link to the ebay listing to make it easier for you all. There are a lot of them out there but not sure why. maybe the silk/dryclean scared a lot of people away?

Here is the link. There are three in Navy L and they do have other sizes and the green color too.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Uhh, there are now only 2 available Smiley Wink

KJPA
Honored Contributor

wow.....that is a 5 year old item! i am surprised that there are still ""new"" ones available on ebay!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

And I'm excited to get it Smiley Wink

KJPA
Valued Contributor

On 8/21/2014 crdlb said:

If you are talking about the silk tunic that comes in navy and green on ebay from TOA, that one is a washed silk and I do launder mine. It's an oldie but a goodie! I think it was called the equipment (?) style. A89353 is the style number on mine. It says dry clean only, but I use Dryel and steam the wrinkles out.

I clean all my silks as crdlb mentioned; Dryel; and then steam as needed. I think dry cleaning with chemicals and hot, hot pressers destroy many natural fibers especially silk. But I learned my lesson the hard way with a very expensive DVF silk wrap dress. I thought I could wash with a very gentle laundry wash but color ran all over the basin. What a mess. I asked my dry cleaner why I couldn't wash silks that said dry clean only and he said some silk manufacturer use water soluable dyes to get incredible rich, vibrant colors but when exposed to water the dyes will dissolve (like getting caught in the rain or washing). So I also love and swear by Dryel. Just remember to take out of the bag so soon as the timer goes off and hang because there is a lot of steam in the bag and if you leave very long your fabrics will be steam damp in the bag and start to wrinkle. I wait til I have 3 or 4 items to freshen and do at one time as long as they are similar colors. You never know how stable some colors are and they might react and bleed.