Respected Contributor

Love, Love, Love the Super Ponte Jackets!

I just received my Super Ponte jackets this morning--ordered both black & taupe in my usual size, 12. The fit is spot on, even when buttoned through the hips (which is where I carry my weight). I'm a 38B, so the bust was just fine. I usually order up to a large with Linea jackets to accommodate layering, but this fabric does have some give, so the 12 is perfect. A size 14 would have been too large. Sleeve length=perfect. Length=beyond perfect for someone 5'9"--although I think ladies of all heights can wear this jacket! The fabric is weighty (in a good way) and the fit (as always with Louis) is beautifully executed & fitted gently over the lines of the body. Has a Giorgio Armani vibe to it. Bottom line--simply elegant and classic. LOVE.

Respected Contributor

Re: Love, Love, Love the Super Ponte Jackets!

Fabulous! My Size 12 is on the way. The Size 10 couldn't get around my hips! I'm hoping the !2 is the perfect size for me--then someone else who's waiting can have my 10.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Sheesh said:

Fabulous! My Size 12 is on the way. The Size 10 couldn't get around my hips! I'm hoping the !2 is the perfect size for me--then someone else who's waiting can have my 10.

I hope it works for you, Sheesh! Frankly, I held my breath when I tried it on hoping I could button that last button. Had it been another fabric, with less give, it wouldn't have fit. But, it doesn't pull either, so phew. Bet the 12 will be perfect for you, too.

Honored Contributor

Glad you like it GraceCO. I was tempted just to try out this fabric but I am trying to stay away from black (I have the Roma Ponte black jacket) and taupe is not a good color for me so decided to pass. It is perfect of us tall ones!!

Respected Contributor

Great News! So glad it fits you perfectly! I also ordered both the Taupe & Black! My entire order finished shipping yesterday - will be awhile until I receive.

We have had a very cool summer - will be wearing these new Linea Items very soon!

Valued Contributor

Sheesh would you mind sharing your hip size and height for reference? I ordered an 8 in black and 10 in taupe and am having second thoughts about the sizing. Thanks.
Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 1jac said:

Fabulous! My Size 12 is on the way. The Size 10 couldn't get around my hips! I'm hoping the 12 is the perfect size for me--then someone else who's waiting can have my 10.

Sheesh would you mind sharing your hip size and height for reference? I ordered an 8 in black and 10 in taupe and am having second thoughts about the sizing. Thanks.

LOL---5' 3-1/2"---hips---not telling---let's just say "voluptuous" and leave it at that, shall we? I have fallen off my diet a bit this summer and I need to get back on it after Labor Day. If I stick with it, the Size 10 might just work. Also, I have a good seamstress and she can take in the 12 on the top if need be. I WILL be wearing the jacket this Fall!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 1jac said:

Fabulous! My Size 12 is on the way. The Size 10 couldn't get around my hips! I'm hoping the 12 is the perfect size for me--then someone else who's waiting can have my 10.

LOL---5' 3-1/2"---hips---not telling---let's just say "voluptuous" and leave it at that, shall we? I have fallen off my diet a bit this summer and I need to get back on it after Labor Day. If I stick with it, the Size 10 might just work. Also, I have a good seamstress and she can take in the 12 on the top if need be. I WILL be wearing the jacket this Fall!

I'm 5'2" and thought this jacket would be too long for me (a friend also looked at it and told me so as well) but you think it's fine and you're 5'3-1/2". How is the length on you?

Valued Contributor

This Super Ponte long jacket was my one big mistake this show go-around. I sized down because I could not imagine the huge sweep around the thighs of the size that more closely fit my bust size looking like anything but a disaster on me. I found the smaller size, though I could button it fine, to be a disaster on me also. First the fabric really is dense and heavy. Both the weight of it and the heat of it made me feel uncomfortable and the smaller size would not allow for even a turtleneck of any weight. Then the length just cuts my legs too far down and I lose all the advantage of the elongated leg and it is very unflattering on me. It's on it's way back. I knew it was a risk for my build and shape. So glad that others are finding much better results than I did!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the black, size small, and the order is still being processed. I hope I eventually receive it.

I never did receive the black WK pants from QVC (they were lost in transit); however, a lovely Linea lady sold a pair to me in my size, I received them already, and they fit just fine.

I have very narrow shoulders, am quite thin, and 5' 8" tall. I'm hoping the size 8 won't be too large for me. I ordered that size so I can wear a turtleneck underneath.