Valued Contributor

If you are petite and have received the Super Ponte Jacket

I have a question for you. I love the jacket. Louis said we petites can wear this as an outer jacket. But I want it to be a dual purpose jacket. It's long yes, but will you wear it as a long jacket, over your WKs or other tops indoors? And how did you find the sizing? Please try to be as specific as possible, for us who are on the fence. Thanks.
Valued Contributor

Re: If you are petite and have received the Super Ponte Jacket

I am surprised that no one who is a petite responded to my question. Hmmm. I guess only average and talls ordered this jacket.
Respected Contributor

I'd like to know too, but I think it's possible a lot of people haven't received the jacket yet, so let's give it a little more time.

Regular Contributor

Hi 1jac. I have ordered the jacket and am petite but haven't received it yet. I understand your hesitation because I felt the same way until I ordered A203505 which I think is a very similar silhouette. Instead of making me look shorter it actually made me look and feel taller and I got more compliments wearing that jacket than any of the shorter ones I own. I'd been hoping for something similar in a solid color and can't wait to get mine home. Since I'm one of the last to receive orders I'm sure someone else will get theirs before me but I will report back as soon as it arrives.

btw...I'm 5'2.

Regular Contributor

Oops, forgot to mention I wore the other jacket both indoors and out depending on weather. It definitely does not scream overcoat.

Valued Contributor

Thanks ciley. Your post sounds promising. I look forward to your review.
Respected Contributor

I received my jacket yesterday. I bought it to match the new leggings. I am 5'2 weight 109 and I am busty. I have no hips. I bought the jacket in 2 and it fits great. I may move the buttons a little but again it's great. It is long but with leggings, perfect. I was apprehensive about buying it. I am sooo glad I did. The weight of the jacket is substantial. Well worth the money. It should cost more! I hope this helps.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Coquille said: I received my jacket yesterday. I bought it to match the new leggings. I am 5'2 weight 109 and I am busty. I have no hips. I bought the jacket in 2 and it fits great. I may move the buttons a little but again it's great. It is long but with leggings, perfect. I was apprehensive about buying it. I am sooo glad I did. The weight of the jacket is substantial. Well worth the money. It should cost more! I hope this helps.
Thanks Coquille. I have since seen some Talbots fall coats for petites with similar lengths as this super ponte. I think it will be fine.