Esteemed Contributor

Delivered! Flame pieces, zip cardi, ponte leggings, funnel neck, shawls. Questions?

My order was delivered and I've tried it all on. The new ponte leggings are super soft and very stretchy. I ordered an XS and have some room to spare, so they're fitted but not skin tight. The new funnel neck is TDF and does in fact run a bit large. I ordered an XS and could have sized down. The flame stitch tops run true to size--my XS fits like most of the other XS top including WK. The metallic thread is very subtle and is more texture than flash. I ordered the zip front sweater in XS and it's fitted--if I were layering, I might have gone up. The shawls are insane. Questions?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Re: Delivered! Flame pieces, zip cardi, ponte leggings, funnel neck, shawls. Questions?

Gardensla, do you think the flame stitch in the brick red goes with our aubergine pieces?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delivered! Flame pieces, zip cardi, ponte leggings, funnel neck, shawls. Questions?

I agree about the flame-stitch tops ... very subtle metallic ... in fact, I immediately thought of "pin dots" when I opened the package. The red is a little darker than I expected.

A little voice told me to size down but I didn't listen ... these are way too big and too long ... sleeves, too. I'll have to return them ... and I hate having to return anything.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/19/2014 TexasMom1 said:

Gardensla, do you think the flame stitch in the brick red goes with our aubergine pieces?

I'd say if you're looking for an exact match no. The brick does have more brown when the aubergine is more blue. My only complaint is that, for me, the v is too high. I'm not sending it back but I would have preferred something with a bit more skin.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

I noticed that high V-neck last night, too. I wear Small in the Poly Span and WK tops, but I ordered a Medium in the Flame Stitch so that I could get some hip coverage---that might have been a mistake.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Sheesh said:

I noticed that high V-neck last night, too. I wear Small in the Poly Span and WK tops, but I ordered a Medium in the Flame Stitch so that I could get some hip coverage---that might have been a mistake.

The nice lady at the cleaners lowers the necklines on my tops for about 10.00 each. Might just do that.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

I received the ponte leggings in both colors and they are weighty. I ordered my normal size of xs and the taupe are bigger than the black. The weight is perfect for cooler New England weather. I'm 5'6 1/4"" and the taupe buckle a bit at the ankle. I will probably return them because of the larger fit. I also received the petrol blue zip front cardigan and it is beautiful. I went with my normal size of xs and it fits perfect - not to tight. The color is so flattering. I'm still waiting for the raspberry funnel neck sweater.

Respected Contributor

My Flame Stitch Top in Green, Medium, was just delivered! I think it is too big---a little big under the arms and the sleeves need to be snugger---that's how I like my fit. Should have stuck with my regular Small.

The Black Super Ponte jacket also arrived. I got a size 10---changed it from a Size 12. Well, it fits great in the bust, but I can only button the top button, so I am going to have to try a Size 12. The fabric is TDF!

The WK Petrol Zip Front in Medium also came and I did not try it on, but I am sure it will be fine. The color is gorgeous!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Sheesh, if you're looking for a place to land that M flame stitch in green, let me know. I held off on the top pending reviews.