Esteemed Contributor

Will there be a new Ponte knit Maxi coming?

Curious if you ladies know if there will be a new ponte knit maxi from Louis this fall? I have the one that's available now in black...I love it. I just don't know if I should pull the trigger and buy another color now or wait for a different style?

And then I'm in a bit of a dither on which color should I pick? I can't decide between the wine and the brown color. I'm not much of a brown fan to wear...but it looks like a very dark brown.

I actually need to wait and see if the current batch I ordered all fits/works before I add more to the haul. The spouse is pretty ambivalent about what I buy...but no sense pushing it too much. After all...a girl can only wear so many clothes.

Or not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Re: Will there be a new Ponte knit Maxi coming?

I would prefer a super ponte 24 inch skirt! With the new jacket (LOVE LOVE LOVE) you really need long over/short. A long maxi would be very matronly with the new jacket.

Trusted Contributor

I believe Louis said no more maxis for the year?????

Respected Contributor

I don't know if there are any more real maxi skirts coming, but I have the one you own in three colors and I don't really feel I need any other style. This one is perfect and the colors are great. The walnut is a really dark brown and goes with everything. I have the green too. The shape and fit of this maxi is wonderful.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks ladies. I do plan on wearing any maxi with the shorter jackets and keeping the longer jacket for pants. I guess I will cross fingers and hope one of the other colors will still be available when I decide to pull the trigger.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 MarilynM said: I don't know if there are any more real maxi skirts coming, but I have the one you own in three colors and I don't really feel I need any other style. This one is perfect and the colors are great. The walnut is a really dark brown and goes with everything. I have the green too. The shape and fit of this maxi is wonderful.

Marilyn, I have the same skirt in three colors and love it. What do you wear with the walnut?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/18/2014 GraceCO said:
On 8/18/2014 MarilynM said: I don't know if there are any more real maxi skirts coming, but I have the one you own in three colors and I don't really feel I need any other style. This one is perfect and the colors are great. The walnut is a really dark brown and goes with everything. I have the green too. The shape and fit of this maxi is wonderful.

Marilyn, I have the same skirt in three colors and love it. What do you wear with the walnut?

That is what I was wondering too. What to wear w the walnut or the wine skirt.
Trusted Contributor

Wine ponte jacket

Green ponte jacket (also comes in wine)

Walnut tunic (also comes in wine)

There are several walnut whisper knit sweaters that posted OLO last winter.

Also, you can wear ivory, pewter, black, navy, camel Posh Knits

If you check Louis' blog (do a search for the item number) you can see how he styled it on his mannequins

Respected Contributor

Thanks, crdlb--didn't realize you could search Louis' blog by style number. Terrific. I got a few new ideas from the blog and from today's show. I adore that skirt.

I wish Louis would do the maxi in navy, too.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

I found a top I think will go w the wine maxi so I ordered it w the gray animal zip jacket. I forget about how wine and gray 'go' together....probably because WSU...state rivals to my beloved UW huskies...colors are crimson and gray. LOL! I have the black hooded jacket so I didn't want the wine version. Some items I get duplicates of...but the hooded jacket seems a bit too noticable.