Super Contributor

So this may be my first Linea purchase...

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Funnel-Neck-Sweater.product.A259109.html?orderId=18788556...

I am curious as to how sizing runs with his line. Does his clothing run true to size? In Denim & Co, I wear a 1X if it is fitted, L if it is relaxed fit. Kind of the same with Susan Graver.

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOW DOES LINEA SIZING RUN??

I own nothing in the brands you mentioned so I can help you compare apples to apples. However, I will say that with Linea I'm one or sometimes two sizes smaller than at a regular department store. I wear a sm or md in sweaters and knits at Saks but an XS in Linea knits; I wear a 10 or sometimes a twelve in pants at Saks but in Linea I wear a SM. In Linea jackets I can wear a SM or even an XS whereas at Saks I wear an 8 or a 10.

Louis did say not to size up on this as it has plenty of stretch. You should check the measurements and try to follow them, but from your description, I think you'd be a L.

Betting this is no help!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

My neighbor buys Linea and stays true to her medium size, whereas in Denim & Co., a medium might be a little snug.

Trusted Contributor

I think Gardensla is correct. In D&C I would wear a large, but I can easily wear a medium in Linea especially in sweaters and tops. Again, check the measurements for a good fit. I believe I read on Louis' blog that he recommended that we size down on this sweater. Help me out ladies- did I remember correctly? Anyway, really looking forward to tomorrows show to see how he styles all the great fashion and what the new sneak peek will be!

Respected Contributor

From Louis - regarding fit of this Sweater A259109:

" I think this style is a little generous fit wise……..especially in the hip area….though it doesn’t look so on the QVC model…..so check the hip measurement. The sweater has a RAGLAN SLEEVE, so there probably won’t be a shoulder measurement. If the bust and hip measurements seem large to you…go down one size…ONLY. "

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on what item you are buying.Linea is very true to size [at least for me.]

Respected Contributor

In regular stores I'm 6 or xs. At QVC for Linea I am also a 6 and xs, but sometimes I get the 4 or xxs, because they run generous. I don't like loose clothes. I prefer a closer to the body fit. I don't own any SG or D&Co, so I can't compare. Since you go from a large to a 1x and not the xl, I would say which ever size is closer to your department store size is the size you should try.

Respected Contributor

I have SG and I'm a size 16 so maybe I can help. In SG, I wear large. In Linea I also wear large unless it's a fitted piece, then I have to go up a size. I carry my weight in my middle.Smiley Sad. Hate that. Now that we are getting some pieces in numerical sizes, stick with the store size you would normally get. On whisper knit sweaters, I generally go up to XL, because I like lose sweaters. On this new one with that dramatic neckline, I stayed with a large because his blog said it was a generous cut. You can always check the CLICK HERE measurement of the specific garment. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Mustangshar, you have made some very good points here: follow the measurement chart and go up a size on fitted items. For me, I have a large bust, and in tops, it's crucial that I know my chest circumference measurement, so I can compare it to the CLICK HERE measurement chart. In most jackets or any tops that button down the front, I always go up a size to avoid gapping, especially if the garment is described as fitted. In bottoms, very true to size.

Super Contributor

LInea, for me, runs HUGE. I'm 175 lbs 5'8" and I can wear a s/m in some styles!