Respected Contributor

I have a wk sweater on my wish list. Scoop neck, three quarter sleeves. QVC price is 38.50 but it says in small red letters: only good until Aug. 16 twelve p.m. Is the Q planning on raising wk prices right before Louis appears? I know the Ripka ladies complain about this.

Respected Contributor

Sorry it says 11:59 a.m. Does anyone else have any wk sweaters on their wishlist with this notation.

Trusted Contributor
What is WK?
Honored Contributor

WK = whisper knit-- a nylon/rayon blend fabric

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor
On 8/16/2014 JustJazzmom said:

LOL Thanks, i just saw this was posted under Linea, I'm not familiar with his line!
Honored Contributor
On 8/16/2014 lizzief said:

LOL Thanks, i just saw this was posted under Linea, I'm not familiar with his line!

Ladies do you want me to tell her? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Or should I let a few of you say something? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

I know you ladies rave above the whisper knit fabric, and I saw the photos of the funnel neck sweater earlier and fell in love. Just wondering what makes this fabric worth the price. (And what kind of care does it require?)

I have only purchased 2 Linea pieces in the past, both of which went back for fit issues (one too big, one too small). Also, the last top I purchased (about 3 months ago) had the most foul smell! I don't think I would have kept it even if it had fit. I nearly gagged from the smell while I was trying it on!

Anyway, I'll willing to try again, but would like to hear what you have to say about the whisper knit. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/16/2014 lizzief said:

Ladies do you want me to tell her? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Or should I let a few of you say something? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Let me rephrase! I know about Louis and how devoted his fans are, I just haven't had the opportunity yet! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 8/16/2014 vaccinia said:

I know you ladies rave above the whisper knit fabric, and I saw the photos of the funnel neck sweater earlier and fell in love. Just wondering what makes this fabric worth the price. (And what kind of care does it require?)

I have only purchased 2 Linea pieces in the past, both of which went back for fit issues (one too big, one too small). Also, the last top I purchased (about 3 months ago) had the most foul smell! I don't think I would have kept it even if it had fit. I nearly gagged from the smell while I was trying it on!

Anyway, I'll willing to try again, but would like to hear what you have to say about the whisper knit. Thanks.

The fabric is soft to the skin; it washes well in cold water and rinses well in cold water. I usually hang these sweaters to dry rather than throw in my dryer. I turn them inside out prior washing.

One caveat: anytime a salad oil stain gets on the fabric you need to use a product like Lestoil (as a presoak or a dab and then toss into the washing machine) prior washing with a soft toothbrush. Regular detergents like Cheer will not dissolve the salad oil stain.

I then fold them afterwards. If in a drawer for an extended period of time with a lot of other sweaters, you may need to steam out the fold marks prior wearing with a hand held steamer.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for your thorough response, JustJazzmom! I may very well order that funnel neck sweater in the cream color (don't remember the actual color name). Any idea when that sweater is going to be on? I know these things sell out so quickly!

ETA: I really do like lightweight knits, especially for the office where they crank up the heat. I still like cashmere, but can't do heavy wools (or any wool that's itchy).